Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip doesn't sync several days at a time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For at least three of the past six weeks, my Zip's weekly summary of steps has shown several days with 0 steps, even though I have the device in my pocket every day. Total steps for the other days are accurate. Battery does not need changing. Suggestions please. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That's what happened to mine. I thought the battery was just dying. Now my Zip is just dead and no longer works. Had it 3 years and 4 months. I'm not sure what to do now, or if I will buy a new one or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. Did you get any notice that your battery was going, from either an email or an icon on your Zip? I haven't, but perhaps I'll try a new battery and see if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  Battery is fine.  I deleted my zip from app as suggested.  Now the app can find my zip but cannot connect it.  Very frustrating.  Zip worked perfectly and synced fine up until 2 months ago.  Became intermittent but I could manually get it to sync.  Now I just have an expensive pedometer that won't sync to any device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out the issue with my zip was that the metal connector at the base had been pushed in some how and the battery was not connecting. It kept dying, I kept tapping it and it sounded hollow or like something was loose. I took it off and laid it on a table. Later on, it was on and the screen worked, but when I picked it up it went dead again. With the connector pushed in the battery was "loose" inside the unit, sometimes touching the connector, sometimes not. I used a pair of tweezers to pull the connector out a little bit, and it's been perfect ever since. syncs just fine, too. 

When it was acting up there was no notification the battery was dying.

Best Answer
0 Votes