Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip is only counting half my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My last device was accurate in my steps, I average 11,000 steps per day for the past 5 years using it. When I switched to this Zip, I still walk the same.... but only logging half the steps.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CRShrmn . I'll be glad to assist you with your logged steps inquiry.

In order to better assist you could you please let me know which device were you wearing before and how do you wear your Zip. You can check How do I wear my tracker? help article.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer

I wear my Zip on my belt as in the picture in the link you sent me.
My old one I wore on my shoe lace on my left foot, it counted correctly.
Thanks for the reply,
Ron

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer

I have a similar problem.  

The Go365 points program is requiring me to move from my Humana Pedometer to the Fitbit.  Right now, I'm wearing them both.  Although I wear both on my belt at the hip, I'm getting very different step readings (many fewer steps on Zip).  Some days, the difference is upwards of 30%.

I did a test...When traveling 50 steps or so, both read about the same.  But when I'm working around my kitchen (5 steps, stop, 3 steps, stop, etc.) Fitbit registers 0 steps.  When I’m at work (teaching) I’m usually taking just a few steps at a time.  This is a problem, but what can I do about it?

Best Answer

It's great to see your participation in the forums @CRShrmn and @kycheryl!

Thanks for sharing your experience, sorry about your missing steps; as I know how hard is to get that number of steps in regular day to loose all your effort in a moment. This is not an expected behavior of any Fitbit tracker. Please check that you don't have any manually log activity or other tracker pair to the same account. 

I'd suggest restarting your Fitbit and take a look for future days. Hopefully it wont happen again. Let me know if you have questions about it. 

@CRShrmn I didn't get the picture but thanks for trying. You can give it a try one more time using the "Photos" option:photos.PNG

@kycheryl Thanks for sharing all those details, you can also check these steps!

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my Zip for the 3rd time now lets see what happens...... "fingers crossed"   lol

Best Answer
0 Votes