Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The issue with the Samsung app not syncing has been resolved, so I will be closing this thread for further posts. Please start a new thread if you are experiencing syncing issues. Also please review this help page if you haven't already. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
119 REPLIES 119

My Zip stopped syncing yesterday around 5pm. Nothing has changed with it but it won't sync. Does anyone know why that might be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same for me.!! Noticed mine wouldn't sync yesterday,  spent time on chat with Fitbit. No real resolution.  Glad to hear is not just me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did an update to my Samsung S5 OS yesterday about 5 A.M..  Since then my phone has not been able to find my Fitbit Zip.  Tried reinstalling Fitbit app., new battery and blue tooth off and on with no luck.  Don't know what else to try.

Best Answer

I went to live chat and they fixed mine pretty quick. Hope yours get straightened out soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me since Monday at 5:30 pm PAC time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't sync either, tech had me to uninstall everything and even tried a new zip, nothing has worked. I'm ready for bed, will try to tackle it tomorrow. Stopped after Android update. Not impressed with Tech, as asked repeatedly to do things that I said I already did.

Just affirms my decision that if fitbit quits, I'm going back to an none smart device. My husband's device is three years old and still works, no issues in uploading his steps.

Best Answer

I found another suggestion of syncing with anther device - and my zip did sync to my computer, although it only recorded 500 steps for Tuesday. Fitbit needs to figure out what the Android update on Verizon did to disable their app!

Tried to tell that to tech support on fitbit and only got you need to do ______________! BS. It's almost like they follow their script and do not listen (read) what the customers are saying.

Best Answer
That's what I was thinking about the Verizon/Samsung update! The only way I can get my son to sync is to disable my Alta, what a pain!!!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here.  The last update was at 5:09 yesterday.  I've tried everything - restarting my phone, taking the battery out of my zip, unpairing my zip (only to now be dealing with the fact that it won't re-pair). 

Frustrated.  I'm also wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the Verizon android update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well at least they acknowledge that it's an issue with the app after the update.

Best Answer

My zip isn't syncing either since Tuesday (8/08/17) when my Verizon S5 was updated to Android Marshmallow. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, nothing. Tried a new battery, nothing. Boo. 

Best Answer

Sounds like all of us with the Galaxy S5 are affected. This happened a couple years ago when Fitbit updated their app. It took them awhile but they finally got it resolved. You should still be able to sync with a home computer until it gets fixed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same thing. Verizon updated my phone on 8-8-17 and I have not been able to get it to sync since. I have Uninstaller and reinstalled. I do not know what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You should still be able to sync to your home computer or laptop using the
dongle. We all have to wait for Fitbit/Verizon /Google /Android to figure
this out!
Best Answer
0 Votes
What is a dongle?
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit Zip came with a dongle, you plug it into a U.S.B. on a home
computer or laptop and it sets up the Bluetooth connection to download your
data to the Fitbit dashboard.
Best Answer

My Fitbit stopped syncing on August 9th. Trying everyday since. Also have Samsung s5

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Got it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread got closed, you should check "Fitbit trackers not syncing after Android software update 8/8". There is a moderator there, AlessFitbit, who will hopefully let us know when there is a fix.

Best Answer