Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit 

Hi Erick, here's my info.......

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Answer: 8/8/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Answer: Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Answer: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Answer: Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since your recent update my steps are not synching automatically with my cellphone. It takes some time. Also, whenever I track my walk, the map is not showing up, the "recent" in the dashboard just kept on the "processing" zone  and it does not automatically log my activity when I'm finished.  I have to manually log it.  This does not happen before the update

My cellphone is S7 and my Android OS is Android 7 (Nougat) and my provider is Sprint.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues with my Zip not synching.

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? - ~ 3pm on 8/10/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Aug. 9
What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Marshmallow 6.0.1
What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?    8/08/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Marshmallow 6.0.1
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 8, 2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android Version 6.0.1

I really would like to be able to use my zip again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?after Aug 9 galaxy update to G900VVRU2DQF2
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?Verizon 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Wed. 16 Aug 2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge plus last security update July 2017
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Version 7
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Sprint  Issue may also involves bluetooth as other wireless items (which worked before 8-16) have ceased to snc and function as they did. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Aug 7
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?           Since Friday August 18.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?          Samsung S5 - SM-G900V
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Update: G900VVRU2DQF2 on Friday August 18
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a chat with someone from Fitbit for over an hour...they are taking mine back and sending me a new one.

Thanks for all that tried to help

Best Answer

When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?

-issues began after most recent system update...August 8, 2017

What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?

-Samsung Galaxy s5

What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?

-Android 6.0.1 marshmallow

What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

-verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to synch since 8/7. I have a Samsung 5 & am with Verizon. My blue tooth recognizes my car but since I  bought my zip bit,  12/15  the blue tooth has consistently had problems recognizing my fit bit. 

I don't know how to synch with my computer

Customer service just tells me to uninstall,  take out my battery & to turn on my blue tooth. Nothing works.

Donna 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?

Today, Aug. 21 upon awakening. Distance reset, time is correct, but steps and calories did not. Restarted by removing battery 2 times but did not reset.
What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?

Samsung S8
What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?

Android Nougat 7
What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

T-Mobile

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning,

I'm have the same issues with my Zip not syncing to my Samsung Galaxy S5

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  August 8th, 2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  Android Version 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon

Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.  Jacqui

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a update from samsung to sync to a fitbit?

1/ from purchase 16/7/17

2/ galaxy s4

3/android 5.0.1 lollipop

4/bt

Thanks in advance 

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you chat? I can't figure out how to chat

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8-8-17 after my phone update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Best Answer
0 Votes

About 2 months ago.

1. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?

Samsung Galaxy S5.

1. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?

6.0.1 version

1. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes