Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing and is eating my batteries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had 3 Fitbit one. I had replacement ones sent, but they were always reconditioned & did not stay working for long. I bought a Zip, thinking that would work better, since it was battery operated. I purchased it in November & since July, it has not tracked properly. It eats batteries & sometimes syncs & sometimes does not. I do not want to wear a device on my wrist, because I am in & out of chemicals & water a lot. the zip has been very disappointing. I am an active person & would love a device I could count on, these have not been it.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @sandy07, thanks for sharing the information on your post. Sorry to hear about the issues that you've had with your trackers. I totally understand why you want to keep using a clip Fitbit.

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried with your Zip. What model of phone are you using? I'd like to check the basic things as you're having battery and syncing issues with it, please check the following:

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Try with a new battery. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend.
  • zip.PNG

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Zip from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device
  7. Check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check these instructions.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I have the Samsung Galaxy8, so my phone is good. I just don't think the technology is where it should be. I should not be having the problems I am having with the zip, after only 6 months. Again, this is after all my problems with the One. I have tried all the little helpful hints, but it is still not great.

As I said, I do not think FitBit has a very good product & I will not be purchasing any more. With other devices out there or to just download an app on my phone, that will actually stay working for a lot longer of the time.

Thank you for input, but I had already read the community forums & troubleshooting sections. Sandy
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @sandy07 and for confirming the steps that you already try.

I think that it's best if you check with our support team what is the next step. I've already requested a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community Forums.

Please keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes