Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't update and is stuck on error 500

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to update my zip keep getting the error 500.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @dpapes12 and @Ajk57! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip not updating. Make sure your tracker is charged and then try these steps:

1. Turn your tracker off and on again using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device and try the update again.
  3. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

If after this you are not able to update, try setting your tracker up as a replacement device. You can follow the steps at the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device?

I hope this helps! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit help.  I had to purchase a new fitbit again.  The last one I purchased in November.  I got another one yesterday and set it up immediately.  It asked to do a firmware upadate and I have attempted several times.  I continue to get an error message 500.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled it.  I have turned on and off the bluetooth.  I have powered down and back on my phone.  I have removed the zip battery and waited 60 seconds and put it back in.  This morning I removed my zip from the app and reinstalled it.  I still get the error 500 message and now it will not sync at all.  I called fitbit help and went thru all of this again.  Now it is not even discoverable on the bluetooth.  I was told by the help desk that the 500 error is not for the zip.  And I am out of luck.  What an incredible waste of time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes