Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip watch is counting my hand movements.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a holder that allows you to wear the zip like a watch because the clip keeps ripping/falling apart. Problem is it is now counting my hand movements as steps. So now what? How to I tell it I am wearing it as a watch ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You cant. Zip is not meant to be a wrist model, It its what you want then compare them

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Zip is not ment to be a watch. Even the watches like the Alta do not work very well for steps because it is on the hand

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Allow me to help @ShaiKingTroy and @WendyB! Welcome @Lnonn87! Factors such as tracker placement, and stride length can all affect the number of steps recorded. Fitbit trackers have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking. The algorithm determines whether a motion's size is large enough by setting a threshold. If the motion and its subsequent acceleration measurement meet the threshold, the motion will be counted as a step.

Zip is most accurate when worn on or very close to the body. Ideal places to wear your Zip include a shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband. Try out a few different locations to see what is most comfortable and secure for you.

@ShaiKingTroy Regarding your Alta, is your Alta giving you extra steps? If so, you may try restating it. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes