Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the latest update with Win10 on 10-14-2020, my Zip will no longer pair with Bluetooth. When I try to connect my Zip, I get the message, "Try to connect your device again."  This happens over and over and is so frustrating!  I tried to troubleshoot the problem but Bluetooth is fine and I have all the latest drivers. I tried an Uninstall and then Reinstall two times through the MS Store apps. Tried the Google Apps store and same thing ; nothing solves my problem!  I have lost all steps for several days now. Battery is full. Zip just stopped working at 11:30 p.m. on 10/14/20 and I can't figure out why. Does Fitbit need to do something to sync with the latest MS updates?  I have uninstalled the app and will probably stop using the Fitbit and go for a manual pedometer. No more computer problems that way!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Worked PERFECTLY! Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks so much for your help!  I have been so frustrated my Zip would not sync for the past 3 DAYS since my phone updated.  Your solution worked perfectly and it finally syncs again!  And it somehow kept my steps!  THANKS AGAIN!

Best Answer

After useless advice from official Fitbit help on Twitter and via email (buy a new one was their suggestion) I tried uninstall and reinstall and THAT WORKED! Lost steps from the last few days but at least it’s working! Thank you!!

Best Answer

Support had me replace my device with the same zip device, everything worked fine, no loss of the steps data!!

Best Answer

Two questions, how do you talk to someone?  I can't find a phone number; and I can't find out to remove the zip and reinstall.  Please help.  Thanks.

How do I uninstall and reinstall?  I can't figure it out.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted my zip, when I try to set up a new device it shows a picture menu but zip is not on it!    GRRRRR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
See bottom where it says more devices for the ZIP... it’s there I had the
same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! Logged on to Fitbit rather than app and it did sync but now it’s not syncing all . Yesterday played golf and it’s only recorded. 1300 steps .very frustrated ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you- it was making me crazy couldn't fix, was afraid to remove device  that it would delete all my data,

But all is good - again thank you!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad you could sync... keep an eye on your steps during the day... I
have had to sync twice a day lately ... if it keeps up I am gonna contact
someone who can definitely help:double_exclamation_mark:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing too. Says no device found. When will FitBit fix this? The devise only hold 10 days of memory. This is obviously an app issue, when will they fix it? Do we have to write FItbit directly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You hit the "Nail on the Proverbial head"   My last sync was 10/19/20  It will NOT sync for anything !!   No Bluetooth for it.

Best Answer

They don’t support the Zip anymore.  I can’t stand to wear a watch so when mine dies, don’t know what I will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try removing the battery?  That’s what fixed mine,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue!

Did you have to remove the app from your iPhone to get it to work? Mine says, "No Fitbit device found."

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

877-623-4997. From 4:00 am to 9:00 pm PT

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same thing. Removed the device and reinstalled. That solved the problem. It’s syncing again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @OsakaRose if you are doing this through your phones Bluetooth, you are correct, you should not be able to connect this way, never have - never will

If the tracker is not syncing, try these steps

Best Answer
0 Votes