Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Hi everybody thanks for the patience while we're working on this.

@JakesGirl Thanks for sharing your thoughts about syncing with an Android phone, at this moment we don't have an estimated time frame on when this will be solved. But thanks for sharing this information with us, you can keep syncing with your computer at home at the moment. Since your Kindle is not in the list of supported devices, you can see that information here: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Nice to see you around @Kevoss@grjman@christinadade and @Jmve! @CatMarc welcome aboard! Have you tried the suggested steps here

It's always nice to see you around @mass380 thanks for reporting this. Have you checked my previous response here? At this moment we're advising user to sync via computer, thanks for your time and effort, while we're working solving this.

@christinadade@DaniFitz@Jmve@Smdavis@wendycollie and @Cindytoo  thanks for your comments. Sorry at this moment we don't have more details about it. We really appreciate your patience while we're working on this. 

@JoelyB thanks for your comments, you're right. This connectivity issues are affecting all Android devises running Version 9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You feedback about customer support has been sent to our team. 

If you're having issues with you Dongle, please try to clean it since dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent to connect. Clean it carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol and try a different USB port. You can also check on the Fitbit Store for a new one. @Cindytoo In your case thanks for reporting that the syncing issues has been resolved by customer support. You feedback about customer support has been sent to our team too. 

@aelucas, @Katarg  @Nicole0513, and @JakesGirl as mentioned before we're looking forward to give you more information about it, but at this moment we don't have any update. I'd like to mention that the Forums are designed to provide a place for customers to seek and receive help from other community members, so please keep your comments on the topic that we're discussing. Thanks in advance.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They sent me a new device. Sync one time.
Best Answer
I have a 4 month old zip that stopped syncing 2 weeks ago.
Best Answer
Yes 2 weeks ago.
Best Answer

Yojsna, I need to correct you. I never said the issue is resolved. It is not. My zip is still not syncing! You also said you sent my Customer Service feedback to your team, but I have not provided any Customer Service feedback. Customer Service was not helpful, seemed unaware of the syncing problem we Galaxy folks are having, and blamed my relatively new tracker that was working fine 2 weeks ago.

I have tried all of your suggested steps to get my 4 month old zip to sync with my Galaxy S9. Nada. I have tried syncing to the website via the dongle plugged into to my Windows 10 desktop PC. My dongle is new. Clean. Has never worked.  Can you send instructions as to how to troubleshoot connecting to the website on a Windows 10 desktop, please?

Thank you

Best Answer
The Zip synced with the computer once time. I have to remove the battery
every time I want to sync. This is unacceptable. I will start looking for
another tracker and will not recommend Fitbit to my friends.
Best Answer
Ditto
Best Answer

I too am having the same issue with my device syncing after the latest Android update. I have tried all of the suggestions listed above, but nothing has worked. If this isn't fixed asap, I will have to get a different device.

Best Answer

I have a kindle and a laptop windows 7

What do I do? Not forgetting my Samsung note 9....

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back guys! 

@wendycollie thanks for the update, what model of phone are you using? Please check the recommended steps earlier in this thread.

@Cindytoo thanks for the clarification! Thanks again for your feedback, you can check the steps for Windows 10 here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@JakesGirl Sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting on the computer, can you please confirm that you have followed all these syncing steps please. If it's possible in that order. Are you getting any error message? What type of computer are you using?

@Fruitbat3 thanks for confirming that information. If following the suggested steps is not solving the issue, it might be that you're having this syncing issues due to the latest Android version, some users have reported some issues with Android 9.0 (Pie) version. If that's the case, we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a laptop/PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit.

@Geeta71 nice to see you again. The Kindle Fire is not compatible with Fitbit, in the meantime we recommend to use a laptop/PC or a different device. Sorry for this inconvenience, I'll be around if you have more questions. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung 9 plus
Best Answer

I do not think a new device is the answer. We are all saying the same thing. Once we've updated our galaxy 9, zip stopped syncing.. My zip is 4 months old and I updated a couple weeks ago. I've only been able to sync once and that was bc I removed the battery. This a ridiculous way to sync. What is Fitbit doing about this? 

Best Answer

I agree. I have had Tweet communication with fit it but to no avail.

Fit it is doing nothing. What about Samsung? Could it be a Samsung issue or
combo action of both companies.

Best Answer

I have only had luck syncing the past 2 weeks by taking the battery out.  This is ridiculous. I am frustrated and annoyed. 

Best Answer
My Zip is a week old and still doesn't synch except thru laptop
Best Answer
I haven't heard that Fitbit is doing much. It is very frustrating because I
wear mine under my clothes and would check my steps in my phone. Now I
can't easily see the number and can't compare days.
Best Answer

Had an online chat with Fitbit support and the helper was not aware of the issue.  We did the different troubleshooting process (even though I already mentioned  that I have done them all).  He decided that it is my device problem and gave me 25% discount for new device, he kept pushing me to buy.  I ended my chat immediately.

Best Answer
I am totally frustrated
Best Answer

It's a Samsung problem not a Fitbit issue. They are working with Samsung to fix it. This isn't the first system update that has caused issues with Fitbit syncing.

Best Answer

@Kevoss 

Do you work for or represent Samsung in any way? Are you acting as an agent that is authorized to make this statement? Or is this an assumption

Best Answer