Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Same problem. I feel I've tried everything!!

Best Answer

I can only get it to sync by using the "Fitbit Connect" app on my computer which is not at all convenient. 

Same issue, and have tried everything.

Any answers out there?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem...and have tried everything also.

Best Answer

I just had my second chat with Fitbit.  The answer is "they know there is an issue with the Android System 9 update and they are working on it".  If you get a system update indication, make sure you accept it.

Best Answer
Thank you so much 🙂
Best Answer

Thank u !!! 

Best Answer

Same problem. 

Best Answer

Now what? Driving me insane!

Best Answer

I cannot sync either.  Has anyone found out what the problem is?

Best Answer

Same here! I had an update that came through last night,  but it didn't help.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @RaptorK@christinadade@JoelyB and @jenn29love. Nice to see you here @Smdavis@mmaye@Jnewey and @Geeta71.

Thanks for all the feedback given and for all the steps that you've tried! If you're having syncing issue with your Zip, please confirm that you've tried the following steps on your Android: 

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Zip should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

If the suggested above is not working, it might be that you're having this syncing issues due to the latest Android version, some users have reported some issues with Android 9.0 (Pie) version. If that's the case, we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit.

Thanks for checking that information, please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Having the same problem and have done the same thing.  No resolution to date.

Best Answer

I've tried this and it doesn't work. The sync stopped on Sunday, 2/3/19 AFTER our phones did the Samsung OS update. All of our phones are up to date except this app which still won't sync.

Please advise.

Best Answer

I've done it also n it's not working either

Best Answer

I've done everything recommended and I can't get it to work.  I'm very disappointed in Fitbit.

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

Same exact problem!! Have tried EVERYTHING multiple times, in various orders! So frustrating!!

Best Answer

Doing an Apps reset seemed to solve the problem
for the moment but will have to use it for a while
before can say a reset does the job

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi @Geeta71, thanks for getting back to the Forums for trying the steps! Can you tell me what exactly did you try? What model device are you using? Have you tried with a computer or other platform? 

@MelMinn@beni23@Katarg Welcome to the Forums! Thanks for trying these steps. Do you have the option to try a different platform? 

Thanks for the update @frib! I'm glad to see that this is working for you. Please keep us posted.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is an apps reset?
Best Answer