Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

The moderator post asking for patience with Android 9 update was Feb 5. Today is April 10. How much more patience is required? I have a Zip that I LOVE  (no way to connect to pc) and it has been rendered almost useless. 

Best Answer

Yes I am the same, i can't afford to keep changing, love the Zip because it is just what I need and the App won't download on my laptop so still taking battery out etc once a week. So annoying and totally fed up with them. I would have expected something to have ben done by now. Like others I had the Samsung Galaxy S9 update the other day and thought that was it but sadly no!

Best Answer

So get this....i can update and sync if i use my laptop...it then updates my phone app....then if you use the gos tracking for your walk it updates...but it still wont sync to the phone app if you try to do it on your Samsung Note 9...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ridiculous...do you have Windows 10? I have a feeling it only updates on that...fitbit told me they are aware of the issue and are working on it....well they are losing customers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator needs to step up the communication to everyone. 

Best Answer
I am fairly certain I do and even using it on my computer has not worked. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit, have done everything recommended by Community Forums & FitBit Customer Service, still not working & recommendations by FitBit Customer Service actually made things worse, now losing steps after battery removal and trying to sync & the bluetooth on my phone now cannot pair with my Zip either. This is so frustrating!

DM8
Best Answer
Last two days fitbit has been syncing with S9
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn't just had to take the battery out again 

😪

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has not been syncing for me unless I take battery out and reinstall. Over two months and counting since issue first arose for me. No resution to date.Sent via Joel's Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it. Switched to a Garmin!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you have to do? (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.)
DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes

I stopped using a Fitbit and bought a Garmin Vivoki.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! So.long Firbit and your terrible customer service! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amen. I am disappointed in fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amen. I am very disappointed in fitbit.

Best Answer
Mine still won't sync w/o restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit just lost another customer.  I got tired of syncing daily through my Win10 desktop just to see my progress on my S8 phone.  It was supposed to be a mobile solution!  I just found a Garmin Vivoki online to replace the Zip on my belt.

Best Answer
Dally removal of battery and then reinsert it. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the recommendation! (Re: Garmin Vivoki fans.) I'd done some searching but hadn't found a reasonably priced alternative that isn't a bracelet/watch (which I have zero interest in, for a variety of reasons). I love my Zip because it's just a clip. This product looks promising! 

I'm still pissed off about this and hesitant to spend that much money when there is nothing wrong with my Zip, it isn't that old and I just bought it a new case a couple months ago (a 3rd-party case, by the way, that's far superior to the one that actually comes with the Zip from Fitbit).

FitBit, is anyone listening? I love my Zip, I enjoy your product and I don't want to switch. Some communication would go a long way to convince me to stay one of your customers! If this goes on ignored, I would certainly not buy from this company again. I hate to have a poor attitude, but I feel abandoned at this point and like FitBit doesn't care about my business or my wasted investment in this product.

Best Answer