Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

They (Fitbit) obviously do not care to fix this. 

Best Answer

Seems like it would be easy to fix in todays day and age...ridiculous 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been going on since February, they are not fixing it nor do they care. Buy a Garmin. I love mine and it works perfectly,  better then my zip ever did

Best Answer

Actually, this has been going on since Aug 2018. But I can say that I have adapted to my G a r m i n. Vi vo fit 3 nicely! It works great, great app, and supposed to have a 1 yr battery life.

Best Answer
S A M E!!
GARMIN ALL THE WAY!
Best Answer
I believe it's a Samsung issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been thinking of replacing my Zip with the Garmin.  Some reviews on Amazon said the Garmin had a similar sync issue when Pie was released.  I like the Zip because I don't have to wear it on my wrist, and I've been syncing it on my PC, but don't always have the laptop with me. Do you clip it on your clothes, or wear it on your wrist?  And is the Garmin app more reliable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My experience too. Seriously starting to hate this ZIP. I'm thinking of switching to a different brand.

Best Answer
Same disgust here, started to use the Garmin Vivoki yesterday. Zip is being retired and laid to rest.Sent via Joel's Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

No they don't care this is been a problem for over a year

Best Answer
Been a while since I last contributed to this forum. I had to give up on
the alternative belt clipped product because it was for joggers! The fine
print disclosed that it would not start recording for about 10 steps and
could then recognize the wearer was moving. And, syncing the Zip to a PC
workstation was just too inconvenient for me.

My surprise was that my Samsung phone has a good native fitness app that
captures steps as well or better than the Zip in my side-by-side testing;
so, bye-bye Zip and their lousy customer service and total lack of
commitment.
Best Answer

Same here using Samsung S8, about ready to take a hammer to the whole mess.

Best Answer