Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Sadly this still doesn't work with my fitbit zip. I have the latest version, managed to check that. Took the battery out etc all synced great, hadn't lost any data. However about an hour later thought i would try it again and turned on bluetooth on phone again: I don't leave it on all the time . Bluetooth on phone finds the zip but tells me it 'couldn't pair. Check settings for this device and try again.' With the actual app on phone (Samsung Galaxy s9) it says, after hanging for ages 'can't find tracker'.

Not sure what I do now. How do you check the settings for the device...is that the zip or the phone?Is it me? The new instructions did sound just like we have been doing ie removing battery, turning bluetooth on and off etc.

Best Answer
Same here.... doing all of the above only works temporarily and then it
won't pair again.
Best Answer

Phew glad it is not only me.

Best Answer
This process only worked temporarily for me. Had it synced yesterday. Today
it was up-paired.
Best Answer
Same, only works the first time.

Warmest regards,Alicia Lucas
Best Answer

Hi guys thanks for getting back. Sorry for the time it took me to respond.

Thanks a million for the help you provided on the thread @frib, we're aware that in some cases those steps only work once but we've already escalated this issue. 

That's a excellent workaround @rnmh1964, thanks for sharing it with us. @MelMinn thanks for sharing those steps, I'm sure some of the users will give it a try.

I appreciate all the effort and time that you've put into this, in order to help your Zip to connect with your mobile @Katarg@JoelyB@capdan@Geeta71@rnmh1964@aelucas and @jenn29love

Our chat team handles the same information that we do, thanks @Jnewey and we're still waiting for any other detail about it.

Thanks for reporting this @auntdebbie and @Chrisp1213As we've mentioned before if you already tried all the suggested steps and it is not working, it might be that you're having this syncing issues due to the latest Android version, some users have reported some issues with Android 9.0 (Pie) version. If that's the case, we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit.

We'll let you know any update, as soon as we get more details.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I did this too and yes it did sync for one time only. It hasn't synced
since, even when asked to sync.
Best Answer
Yes Fit Bit Zip needs to resolve this with Samsung android soon.
Best Answer
Fitbit responded via facebook with the same stuff everyone's tried on here. They said it should work.  Lame...

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone
Best Answer
I talked with a FitBit supervisor this morning. She stated that they knew it was a problem, that the issue was with the fact that the BT can't pair with our Zips and/or won't stay paired. But, she said they had no timeframe for a fix. I stated how disappointed I as well as many users were with FitBit. She basically told me "we understand, but sorry".

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

All the fixes that have been tried don't work.  This needs a software solution.

What is so disturbing to me is that when you submit a problem you get no identifier case # to track so you are always starting from the beginning each time you report this issue.  I don't think they are serious in solving it.  Probably want Samsung to solve it instead of working with Samsung to get the issue solved.

We are at the mercy of the industries egos.

Best Answer

It worked! Thank you so much for the tip!

Ok.  So the same thing happened to me... and so many others.  Someone posted the following and it worked for me.  But you have to do it in this exact order:

- make sure you have the most recent Fitbit app which is 2.87 (20213363)

- turn off blue tooth. 

-restart phone

- while phone is restarting,  restart Fitbit (take out battery for at least 15 seconds,  then place it back).

- turn blue tooth on 

I should mention I had uninstalled Fitbit (zip) so it was as if I had just bought the device. Yes,  I lost ALL my steps for 5 days.  Ugh! But it worked!!! 

- then sync!

This is posted in yesterday's comments under

MelMinn- this is the person who posted the instructions.  What a relief!

Best Answer
But did it sync again? My experience is that it only works once.

Warmest regards,Alicia Lucas
Best Answer
Didn't work for me Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone
Best Answer

Thanks for trying those steps @beni23 and @Smdavis! I hope this works for your in a longer term. We've received feedback from a lot of users. @aelucas@frib Thanks for keep adding your comments to help others.

@MelMinn and @Katarg We appreciate your time, as our team mentioned we've escalated this and we're waiting for any update to fix this. Thanks for sharing this information. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,I know the development team is working on a resolution, however I was wondering if there are any real updates? Where are they in the troubleshooting process? Have they identified the cause? Have they developed a solution? Has the solution gone through UAT? Is there any real information that can be shared?Warmest regards,Alicia L.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Same problem and I even reset my phone but still the same issue

Best Answer

Ugh!! I'm having the same problem! 

Best Answer

Has there been any fix to this yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not that I'm aware of. I paired with a different device for now. 

Best Answer