Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231
Thanks. My phone can't even find my Fitbit half of the time and the rest
of the time or says it can't pair with it. The Fitbit paired ok with my
Samsung tablet, and the tablet pairs ok with the phone, so it looks like a
software issue with the latest android version and fitbit. Looking at past
issues it looks like it's happened before.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.

Best Answer

Hi @aelucas nice to see you on the Forums again, at this moment we don't have more information about this. We'll let you know as soon as we get more details.

Welcome aboard @Shea1@Nicole0513@Littleoldgeek and @wendycollie, thanks for reporting this. Have you checked my previous response here? Sorry for any inconvenience, I hope we can have updates about this soon. 

I'll be around in case that you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I restart the Zip and it will sync one time and that's it. Is there a fix for this coming soon? So frustrated....

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @JakesGirl!

Thanks for trying those steps. Please confirm that you've tried the steps suggested here. If you noticed that you've having exactly the same issues described there then I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a PC. As mentioned above we've escalated this, we'll keep you updated as soon as we have any other detail.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I was able to pair my Zip with my computer. That is fine if I want to
check things when I am home but I would like to be able to check statuses
when I'm not home. It still will not pair with my phone and my tablet is a
Kindle and the Zip would not allow the pairing.

What is the progress on fixing the issue with the Zip and the updates on my
Samsung S9?
Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem since my update!!

Best Answer
I did get the Zip to pair with my PC but the Zip has to be paired with the
PC every time I want to connect. It's a pain. I hope the Fitbit tech team
can fix the disconnect for my phone. If it doesn't work, I may have to find
a different tracker.

Gina
Best Answer

Samsung S9 updated to ver.9.0.  The Fitbit app no longer able to pair (sync).  I have tried everything from remove and reinstall the app, remove and reinstall battery, remove and reinstall device with no avail.  No problem sync to the laptop.

Best Answer

Several weeks later and still no solution.  I've also talked with Samsung who stated they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.  I asked for a timeline, but they could not say for sure.  This is frustrating. 

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

My Samsung S9+ updated to Pie a couple of days ago and Fibit app and my Zip tracker are also having sync issues ever since. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice, taken battery out of Zip, restarted my phone, no luck. It's just not working accurately. What is going on?

Best Answer

It is SO frustrating! This is one of the reasons I do not like doing phone updates! Hoping someone has a solution.

Thank you for all of the information. It seems like A LOT of steps to go through. I am hoping the fix due to the S9 update happens soon.

Best Answer
Thank you I will try connecting through my PC. I agree I may need to find a
different tracker if it doesn't get fixed.
Best Answer
Is there a fix yet? It seems to me that it should be fixed by now.
Otherwise it seems that Fitbit isnt interested in customer service as long
as they can sell new devices
Best Answer

Don't know who is going to fix this problem, looks like finger pointing.

Best Answer
Right!? I'm just syncing via my laptop for now.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Its got to be primarily a Samsung issue, because we all got the update causing this problem on different cellular carriers. Fitbit and Samsung need to make this right. Its over three (3) weeks for most of us without the ability to keep our Zips synched to our mobile phones.Sent via Joel's Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
And the dongle wont work on my PC. Ugh.
Best Answer
I agree. The two companies need to cooperate and take care of their
customers.
Best Answer