Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

No I  do not work for Samsung

How would a new zip be the solution? I bought a new zip in Oct. I bought my phone in Dec. I've never had an issue until this last S9 update < 2weeks ago.  (I've had other zips and galaxy's and hv never had an issue. I've also did an update in Dec shortly after I bought the phone). I've done every troubleshooting tip recommended. I think Fitbit would rather send out zips and not want to sort out the problem. 

Same! I  can only sync by taking the battery out. Just totally unacceptable! 

So frustrated! I just dont want that to be Fitbit's solution is a new device.  I just dont think that is going to solve it.

I might eat my words on this new Zip solution... I found an old zip (one I lost then found after purchasing a new zip). What I did tho bf I paired it was: uninstalled the app, turned off my phone, turned on phone, reinstalled the app then paired it. It is syncing!! synced normally with no bologna twice. I've done a couple laps around the house the past 10 minutes and so far 🤞🤞all ok! But I really think they need to fix the issue tho really.  

U update!! Not syncing now!! 

Not syncing now!!! 

Best Answer

You might want to try chat again. You might get a different more helpful person. I've had some very helpful folks and some not-st-all helpful people.

You had me excited for a nanosecond. My zip won't sync with phone or computer. So frustrated about this.

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

I popped out my battery and my zip has been working since this morning. I just got a fitbit update this morning.  

Nevermind... not working again.

Best Answer
Mine only synced once also.
Best Answer

Hi guys! Thanks for getting back, I'll be checking with you each inquiry. Sorry for the time it took me to respond.

@wendycollie@grjman  I appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot this. Thanks for sharing the name of the phone you're using to sync. As we mentioned above, if you have a phone with  Android 9.0 (Pie) version; we  suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a laptop/PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit. Sorry for this inconvenience, we'are working on providing a resolution for this.

@Kvb1974 and @jenn29love Thanks for trying to sync your Zip with your devices. If you're using an Android device, we suggest to check try with a different device. Since we're still working on this. We appreciate the feedback and your time but in this case it's best to follow the suggested here.

@Jnewey Thanks for using your laptop, sorry for this inconvenience but I appreciate you've followed the suggested. We'll let you know if anything changes.

@JakesGirl We really appreciate your comments, thanks for taking the time to share your concern. As mentioned before, we're working on this but we really appreciate your feedback. We'll let you know as soon as we get any other detail about this.

@mass380 Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass this information to our team. 

@Kevoss You have a good point there, as soon as they updated the software it started happening. We are trying to focus on finding a way to sync your Fitbit Zip devices. We appreciate your comments, I hope we can have news soon.

@aelucas Please remember to share your comments in a productive way, our goal is to foster a pleasant and collaborative environment to exchange ideas, solutions, tips, techniques, and information about the Fitbit products and services.

@Cindytoo Thanks for sharing your suggestion, I noticed that you got a replacement on February. Can you please try to restart it and try again with your computer. If you have it connected on your phone's Bluetooth, please remove the Zip from the Bluetooth sections before to try with the computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all those things.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just posted this issue in the Samsung Community Forum. I couldn't find
anything prior on topic there. Hopefully someone in that community might be
able to help us. It's been six (6) weeks this coming Saturday since this
issue arose for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Resetting the Zip allows for one sync. Then no more. Is there a fix coming
soon? If not, I'll be getting a tracker from another company and will
suggest to my friends that they not but anything from Fitbit.
Best Answer

Same. Fitbit doesnt seem to care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having problems with syncing my Fitbit  I have even replaced the battery. I can not keep taking the battery out    Up until this last update it all worked fine  

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. 

..🤨

Best Answer

I totally agree, I also  cannot keep taking out the battery, uninstalling the App etc. This fix needs to be sorted otherwise I also will look elsewhere.

Best Answer
I received my replacement Zip this past Friday. Not surprised, but terribly
disappointed, same issue persists. Synced one time then no syncing unless
you uninstall reinstall, remove battery etc. I hope Fitbit is still
diligently working on this problem. Samsung it appears has washed its hands
of this. In my contact with them their Moderator suggested I look only to
Fitbit.
Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit   What is the current status with this issue? It has now been six weeks. Is FitBit really working on this? I can only sync when I take the battery out of the device. This is just unacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have exactly the same problem with my new S9 after upgrading from S6. Fitbit sent me the instructions which I followed to the letter 4 times but no success. I'm having to remove the battery every few days so that it syncs and records the data. Hope they sort the problem out soon..   very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You got a better response than me...I was told to buy a new Fitbit.  I have done that, and the problem still exists.  Fitbit service is terrible

Best Answer

Bear with me, this will be a bit long. I realize Fitbit has a problem that they need to fix but peculiarly even though the app says "device not found" (or whatever words to that effect), I'm still getting my steps. Here's my routine. I restart my phone every night and periodically throughout the day I close all apps I'm not using. When I log my meals in the Fitbit app, my steps may not always be there and my device may not be found, but I ignore all that. I've installed the Fitbit app on my tablet and on my computer. Just before I restart my phone I open the phone Fitbit app, then the tablet Fitbit app (I have them in my lap) and within about 30 seconds to a minute, both apps and my zip all match. I've learned to resist the temptation to try to sync throughout the day and be frustrated. Remember folks, your smart phone is a mini computer which has RAM memory and that full memory causes all sorts of problems. All computers need to be turned off or restarted to reset the RAM memory and a smart phone is no different. I'm not saying this will work for everyone and I'm not excusing Fitbit from its duty to find a fix for the problem. Thanks for reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll be buying a device from Garmin, I think.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue...i have to take my battery out and reinstall for it to sync..ridiculous...ive done all the troubleshooting i can...

Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought my new Garmin due to Fitbits lack.of interest in fixing this problem. Terrible customer service!

Best Answer