Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not pair with s9 after phone update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip was syncing fine until my s9 had an update.   Now the zip will not pair with my phone.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.  I have taken the battery out of the zip.  I have attempted to change settings on the app and my phone.  My phone's bluetooth and location are on.  Still no luck.  My phone will find my zip but says it cannot pair and to check device settings. Fitbit keeps popping a message that my zip and my app need linked.  Please help.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

Android 9 (Pie) was released on August 6, 2018. This has (apparently) been a known issue since then. It is just becoming much more widespread as our phones are gradually updating to this most recent operating system.  The failure of  Fitbit to correct the sync issue is frankly unacceptable. I have my current Fitbit Zip (my 2nd) that won't sync, and I also have another Zip brand new in box that I received for Christmas as a backup if/when my current one breaks.  Is Fitbit going to replace my current and brand new Zip since they are essentially broken?

Best Answer

Besides the Fitbit app won't sync, does anyone has problem with other apps?  Because now my HBO GO also an issue since update.  It won't allow to me to access.  Uninstall and reinstall the app it still failed.  I even called the cable provider and spent over 30 minutes with no avail.  Decided it is either HBO or Samsung update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it's the Samsung update. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PattyP1219seems like it, my cable provider has mentioned that their record shows there are complaints about the HBO GO app not working related to the Samsung phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no answers; Fitbit apathy for two weeks now with no response or end in sight.  HeadinG to GARMIN today.

Best Answer

Still no answers; Fitbit apathy for two weeks now with no response or end in sight.  Heading to GARMIN today.

Best Answer

Got my Garmin yesterday, working perfectly! 

Best Answer
It has been almost 2 months. Fitbit doesn't seem to care about us
customers. I have been a loyal fitbitter for 5 years. So, I am shopping
also. Can't decide -- Samsung android watch or Garmin? My friends LOVE
their Apple watches, but I don't have any Apple devices so am leaning
toward Samsung Android..... does anybody have any advice on non-fitbit
options?
Best Answer

Which Garmin model did you get?

Best Answer

Vivofit 3

Best Answer

I am a couple days into the Garmin vivoki, similar to the zip. It has been great. Some small differences with the app (for calories you hv to link Garmin and My Fitness Pal). Easily adaptable.  I like the small clip device.  My husband has a Garmin watch and loves it. So if you are a watch person,  I suggest Garmin. Good Luck! I'm annoyed with Fitbit too! 

Best Answer

I agree. I've had a second update since this started and I was hoping something would shake out out and it would start working again. But it hasn't.  So I went to a Garmin vivoki and it works fine with Samsung.

Best Answer

Nice!!  I am glad it is syncing and working well. I will look at thst one too. 

Thanks!!

Best Answer
I've been asking for help for 2 months. I'll be buying something else, too.
Best Answer

I got the GARMIN vivofit 4. Working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the one I'm looking at. Thanks!
Best Answer

I just ordered the Garmin vivoki. Can't wait to get it.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Bye Bye Fitbit. Too bad they don't care their customers are leaving.  Oh well. Onward!

Best Answer

I just ordered a Garmin Vivoki. Can't wait. Too bad Fitbit doesn't care about losing their loyal customers. Strange way to run a business imho.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Best Answer
I hope that works for you.Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Success, finally!  I have spent days fighting this, since my S8 took a PIE upgrade on 4/01.   After installing the Microsoft version of the app on my Win10 laptop, I was able to sync my ZIP using the USB dongle instead of the on-board Bluetooth..  This confirmed for me that my Zip could still pair and sync.  Returning to my Galaxy S8 running Pie, I turned off Bluetooth, uninstalled the Fitbit app, and then re-installed the Android app, again.  Only, this time I noticed the Fitbit app showed that it had been updated on 4/01. On install I made sure that both permissions boxes were checked and then turned Bluetooth back on.  Firing up the Android Fitbit app, it asked whether I wanted to pair to a device, and it found my ZIP.   The Zip does NOT show up as paired in Bluetooth on either my Galaxy S8 or my WIn10 laptop, but either one still finds and syncs the Zip when I ask it to.  

Best Answer
0 Votes