Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for over two years (currently at 13 million steps) with almost no problem. I sync with a desktop computer (yes, I'm over 50), and just noticed that it hasn't synced in the last couple days. I ran the update (it says I'm now at 1.0.3.5512. which is up to date), but I still can't sync.....it says I don't have an internet connection. Obviously, I do.

It talks about uninstall/reinstall, but I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose my history. 

I'm old school - it clips on my belt, and it syncs with a desktop - I haven't messed with connecting it with a phone, and probably won't until there's no other choice. Everything has worked great until this week. It's still counting my steps on the device....just not syncing with the software.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner @Gappel3 @Gabbydog @ahammond @kenwalker @Peglee @smhughes @J3zip @suemzip @teroot10 @magidin @DaveL28 @SLFFV @suemzip @florida95 Thanks for joining us. I've been informed there was an internal problem affecting Zip, One and Flex users to sync or set up. The issue started some days ago and it has been reported as resolved. If you are still experiencing difficulties please follow @zapleahy's steps to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit Connect. Rest assured, your data won't get lost during this process.

If the above doesn't get you back on track please restart your tracker by following @Odyssey13's instructions. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you for helping each other and for providing links from other threads related to the same issue. Moderators will jump into those threads to acknowledge the problem and provide assistance as soon as possible.

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

I am having exactly the same problem which started a couple days ago.  Up until now, I've had my fitbit Zip for over 3 years with no sync problems.  I'm also old school. I could use help fixing this problem.

Best Answer

I am having trouble with the android app syncing. It claims there is a problem with bluetooth and needs to restart it. I don't have problems with my phone connecting with my car.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. My Zip no longer syncs, and I'm getting the same error message about no Internet Connection when I obviously have one. Anyone contact customer service? If so, what did they say?

Best Answer

I have the same problem and am the same age...

Syncing on my computer was never a problem but now it tells me there is no internet connection.  I sent an e-mail to customer support and it says it will be 2 dayd for an answer.  Why so long.  I do not and will not do the Twitter thing where an answer is supposed to come in 4 hours....what happened to real customer support?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mpinkerman @awiitala @jawsborne @Dixie_Amazon @lgarney. It's great to have you here. Thank you for being part of the Fitbit family for so long. I haven't heard about any current syncing issue with Zip trackers, so before reporting this incident to the engineering team I would appreciate if you try some troubleshooting steps.

The latest app version of the Fitbit Zip is 86. If you want to verify which version you have, please go to the online Dashboard > Settings > Devices.  

firmware.jpg

If necessary, you can update your Zip firmware to the most recent version by following @EdgarFitbit's steps. 

If the above doesn't help, please be so kind to perform a restart to your tracker by doing the following:

- Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Rest assure, your data won't get lost by restarting your device. This should get you back on track. Let me know how it goes.

@Dixie_Amazon You can find workarounds to resolve syncing issues with Android devices in @RickyFitbit's post. 

@awiitala Customer Support will do their best to provide a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

The app from a year ago, running on an ipod running ios 8.3 failed, when it used to work with the very same zip. Updating the app failed, during the database update.

However, deleting the app and re-installing it allowed me to sync up successfully, and I have all the steps I made since the windows fitbit connect failed, on July 21.

I guess I'll have to keep the ipod on my desk, so I can use it to update my steps.

I wonder if fitbit is just discontinuing desktop support without telling anyone?

I'll be watching for a desktop update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't sync either.

Updated fitbit connect on my windows 7 computer, so up to date there. Still no sync.

Restarted my tracker (5.86 displayed when it boots), lost my steps for the day, still no sync.

Can't update firmware without fitbit connect working.

I just contacted tech support, by email.

I think fitbit broke my zip with a protocol change.

I hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer

I tried everything Pedestrian tried with the same result, which is why I turned here as directed and saw that others were having the same problem. This makes me think it's something bigger - a Fitbit issue - not a user issue.

Thanks for replying and offering some helpful steps, but I've done them all several times.

My firmware version is 86 as pictured in the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and would really appreciate a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of the above and I also put in a new battery.  It still says that I am not connected to the Internet.  Please advise on next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi EdsonFitbit,

I am not sure how Fitbit has not heard of any problems with the Zip syncing.  If one looks at this thread, there are many many unhappy Zip Owners.  First of all, if you read through the posts, it seems most of us lost the syncing on July 20 or 21.  I did all of the troubleshooting offered on the site and still nothing worked.  I updated my Zip,  I took the battery out, I replaced the battery, and yes, I thought of throwing the Zip threw the window because I was so frustrated.  I only have the Fitbit program on my computer, so I do not have any phone related issues.  How I did finally get my Zip to sync again was to UNinstall the program from my computer and REinstall it from the Microsft app store.  It would have been nice if someone from Fitbit could have warned us there was a problem and given us a solution to fix it.  I am sure there are many unhappy and stressed out Zip owners right now.  

Thank you for your time.

Angie

Best Answer

I agree with ahammond especially the part about the "coincidence" of he July 20/21 date of problem for so many folks. Seems like a Fitbit problem, not an individual user problem. Did not know about the "uninstall/reinstall" program from computer, and frankly I'm a little hesitant to try it, but I guess that's next. Seems like Fitbit would be aware of problem by now and be sending out warning and solution to all Zip users.

Best Answer
July 21st was also the last day mine synced.
Coincidence? I think not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

the "uninstall/Reinstall" program did not solve the problem for me. I can still get my Zip to update through smart phone but not through desktop computer. For years it has automatically updated via desktop anytime I walked near the machine. Now it does not update automatically, and I cannot force it to sync either.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  My Zip won't sync and says there is no internet connection.  I tried taking the battery out and putting back in, but it did not fix the problem.  What shall I try next?  peglee

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have Version 86.  I followed the instructions but it didn't correct the problem. 

Best Answer
I have tried every troubleshooting step, but it appears my Fitbit Zip no longer has the ability to send a Bluetooth signal .

New battery, battery contacts adjusted, restarted itbit and also uninstalled/reinstalled the app. There is no Bluetooth signal at all
Best Answer

My zip also stopped syncing on Thursday.  Tried everything, but think this is a software issue.  Has FITBIT

upgraded or changed something without telling its users?  HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem she had me reinstall it.  worked great for 3 days now not syncing again.  They did an up date on their system and a ton of people are having problems.  I wish they would get it fixed. I count on my fit bit syncing along with my WW site to help keep trackk of my points.

Best Answer
0 Votes