Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for over two years (currently at 13 million steps) with almost no problem. I sync with a desktop computer (yes, I'm over 50), and just noticed that it hasn't synced in the last couple days. I ran the update (it says I'm now at 1.0.3.5512. which is up to date), but I still can't sync.....it says I don't have an internet connection. Obviously, I do.

It talks about uninstall/reinstall, but I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose my history. 

I'm old school - it clips on my belt, and it syncs with a desktop - I haven't messed with connecting it with a phone, and probably won't until there's no other choice. Everything has worked great until this week. It's still counting my steps on the device....just not syncing with the software.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

You write that you hadn' heard about any current syncing issues with Zip. Perhaps you should take a look at this thread in the forum, with multiple people having the problem.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Zip/quot-No-internet-connection-found-quot-error/td-p/1475490

Best Answer

Have version 86, updated computer fitbit software, and took battery out of fitbit and reinserted after 10 seconds, still doesn't work. Says no internet connection. My wife has exactly the same fitbit, same internet connection, hers works fine. It synched earlier today--I haven't done a thing with the computer except to turn it on to read news earlier today, when it synched. But this evening : no internet connection error message.

Sounds to me like the problem is on Fitbit's side. Maybe it will work tomorrow, I hope....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the latest version. Just followed the instructions to remove battery, wait 10 secs, etc. Still does not sync. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Successful Windows 7 re-installation, Zip syncing again:

Uninstalled old fitbit connect.

Downloaded and installed FitbitConnect_Win_20151028_2.0.1.6742.exe (31 megabytes).

It started running, and when I plugged in the dongle, it re-flashed the firmware*.

Hit the sync button, and it found my zip and synced it.

I'll guess that they terminated support for a legacy version of the protocol.

(edited: * actually, I think it was installing a new driver for the dongle)

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you lose the historical data and have to start over again at zero steps? Or does the Zip still "remember" it and it shows up in the new software?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It kept my history (whew). I just uninstalled from the control panel: clicked on (Uninstall or change a program), waited for the computer to build a list of installed software, and then found fitbit and clicked on it. Even when it was uninstalled on my desktop computer, I could still see my history on the website. Re-installing the software didn't change my history, either. Uninstalling and re-installing the *software* won't delete your device, or your device history.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 86 and restarted my Zip.  That did nothing to change my pc issue saying no internet connection found

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed the Connect software from my Mac. Restarted the Mac. Installed Connect again. My Zip synced and I did not lose any historical data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is the procedure if you are using a Mac computer?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you were successful!  I have the same problem--but I am not computer literate.  Would it be possible for you to re-explain the steps you took using layperson's language?

And fitbit company:  this was too big a coincidence that everyone's zip stopped sync-ing on the same day.  Though I asked your poster to do this, I really think it's you who should provide details in lay language on how to fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Gappel3 @Gabbydog @ahammond @kenwalker @Peglee @smhughes @J3zip @suemzip @teroot10 @magidin @DaveL28 @SLFFV @suemzip @florida95 Thanks for joining us. I've been informed there was an internal problem affecting Zip, One and Flex users to sync or set up. The issue started some days ago and it has been reported as resolved. If you are still experiencing difficulties please follow @zapleahy's steps to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit Connect. Rest assured, your data won't get lost during this process.

If the above doesn't get you back on track please restart your tracker by following @Odyssey13's instructions. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you for helping each other and for providing links from other threads related to the same issue. Moderators will jump into those threads to acknowledge the problem and provide assistance as soon as possible.

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing but it finally synced today after I clicked on check for device updates!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - it works fine now.  Just a matter of getting somebody's attention so the problem could be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you,  my Zip is finally syncing again on my MacBook and my Ipad.  

Thanks again.  Happy walking1 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My zip is a blank screen — won’t display anything
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same problems since 7/21 as everyone else mentioned. At first I got the "no internet connection found" error. I uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit connect and that error message went away, but I could still not sync my Zip with my Windows 7 desktop. After two days of reading posts and uninstalling and reinstalling Fitbit connect, re-booting the Zip, the Zip still would not sync. So today I decided to uninstall the most current version of Fitbit connect and reinstall the Windows XP version and it is now syncing fine!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update guys. I'm glad to hear that you are now back on track.

On another note, you are welcome to participate in the Discussions board. You will find interesting topics to join and discuss out there.

Keep up the super stepping. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
What if nothing shows on the screen? Do I need a new battery?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes