Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for over two years (currently at 13 million steps) with almost no problem. I sync with a desktop computer (yes, I'm over 50), and just noticed that it hasn't synced in the last couple days. I ran the update (it says I'm now at 1.0.3.5512. which is up to date), but I still can't sync.....it says I don't have an internet connection. Obviously, I do.

It talks about uninstall/reinstall, but I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose my history. 

I'm old school - it clips on my belt, and it syncs with a desktop - I haven't messed with connecting it with a phone, and probably won't until there's no other choice. Everything has worked great until this week. It's still counting my steps on the device....just not syncing with the software.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

@mousee Please check out @vomitofthemind's workaround to verify the battery contacts inside of your Zip. If this doesn't work, please make sure the battery has charge. 

If none of the above helps, please be so kind to reach out Customer Support. Let them know the troubleshooting steps performed so they can further investigate your case and might be able to provide assistance.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is quite odd. I've been having the same problem. I chatted with a Fitbit rep an hour ago & she had me try a couple of things, which didn't work. Then she told me that my Zip was dead & offered me a 25% discount if I purchased a new Fitbit. Again, I stress this us idd because she never nentioned that ither people were having oroblems with syncing their Fitbit Zip or other Fitbit product. What gives?!?
Best Answer
Sorry for the typos. I'm just really frustrated at this point!
Best Answer
0 Votes
You were possibly talking to a "sales" person who gets a commision for
moving products, and she may have no clue or has orders to never admit that
there are problems with a Fitbit product. If your Zip still has a display
and appears to be working otherwise I think there is a 99% possiblility the
problem is with the updated Fitbit Connect program. Why else would everyone
else's Zip's stop syncing on the same day??? At least try to uninstall the
current Fitbit Connect program and download the Windows XP version
(assuming you dont have a MAC). The Windows XP version is of course older
but it is currently working fine with my Zip. You can also verify that your
Zip still works by syncing it with a smart phone. It just takes a second to
download the Fitbit app on any smart phone and use the bluetooth connection
to sync your Zip. Apparently Fitbit has some work to do on the current
version of their connect program so that all of us with the older
generation ZIP can use it again. Could it be possible that they just want
us all to upgrade to the newer faster Fitbit gizmo???!!!???? Just a
thought! Good Luck!!!

--

*Jay*
Best Answer

Try installing the Windows XP Fitbit Connect software. My Zip is syncing fine again. Give Fitbit some time to work out the bugs hopefully on their current version!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's weird is my Zip is syncing fine again with the old Windows XP Fitbit Connect downloaded on my Windows 7 desktop. Hopefully this will last awhile and I can install the newer version when they get the bugs out! After all I am a firm beleiver of "if it ain't broke DON'T fix it!!!"

Best Answer
0 Votes
No doubt that you are correct in that Fibit wants us to upgrade. I was told by the Fitbit rep (probably salesperson) that My Zip was dead. NOT TRUE!!! She wanted to sell me a new Fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Guess you can't blame them for trying to get us to upgrade, I wouldn't mind
having one of the Fitbits that tracks stair climbing too! Any luck getting
yours to connect yet?

--

*Jay*
Best Answer
Yes, it's working perfectly now. No problems syncing to all my devices.
Best Answer

My Zip was syncing great for a few hours today, and then it suddenly stopped again. Anyone else experiene the same? So frustrated!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip was syncing perfectly for a couple of hours and now it's not. The screen went blank and then my data reset to zero. I went to the page to find the options to contact Fitbit and "Chat" is no longer shown in the options. Please tell me I'm just l'm just not looking in the right place. But... I'm on the same page where I found the "Chat" option earlier today. Has anyone else experienced the same issue: Syncing for a while today and then stopped syncing again and also did you experience a blank screen and reset to zero of all data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you running the new version of Fitbit Connect? Maybe try re-booting the
computer?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm running the new version of Fitbit Connect. I've also rebooted my MacBook.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the screen went blank on on the Zip and reset to zero its possibly a battery issue? Your data should still be stored on the web from when you last synced the Zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I teplaced the battery with a new battery. So that can't be the problem. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't think that the Fitbit connect would have anything to do with your Zip going blank and reseting. Are the battery connecting tabs in the Zip making good contact, someone posted in the Zip forum about checking those? They also posted how to do it. Since my Zip is working again I haven't been checking if there have been more recent issues with their update, but since you said it did start working again I would think there is still something going on on Fitbits side with their server or something. Hopefully you have luck syncing again today! You should always be able to use your Iphone as a backup sync, I haven't heard or experienced any problems syncing the Zip to my phone using their app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip routinely just does not sync, bluetooth can't find it, etc. Usually i follow all of the troubleshooting things and it's fine for a few days. Did all of those things, repeatedly, still has not synced since Saturday afternoon. I came here and see the same tips that any IT department would give you that I have tried and that have failed. I went into the app store to check for an update for the app, nothing. Instead I found comment after comment of people talking about how their fitbits now fail to sync since the last app update and no comment here. Now in addition to not syncing my zip is slowly losing time, I'm on the east coast writing at 9:28 and my fitbit thinks it's 7:51. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled the new version of Fitbit Connect from my desktop computer
running Windows 7 and installed the old Windows XP version of the connect
program and my Zip has been syncing fine for about 4 days now. I haven't
had any issues syncing to my Android phone. I'm sure the time is off on
your Zip because it hasn't been synced for awhile, or possibly a battery
issue? Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I went to the help and asked for customer support. I called and they had me uninstall my fitbit and install it again. It took a few days for it to sync the way it did before but now it is working fine. fitbit support will send you and email to help or talk you through the process of uninstalling it. dorisp

@jawsborne wrote:

I am having the same problem. My Zip no longer syncs, and I'm getting the same error message about no Internet Connection when I obviously have one. Anyone contact customer service? If so, what did they say?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You just need to uninstall the old version of Fitbit Connect and install
the updated version. You can find the instructions in the help forum. Good
luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes