Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for over two years (currently at 13 million steps) with almost no problem. I sync with a desktop computer (yes, I'm over 50), and just noticed that it hasn't synced in the last couple days. I ran the update (it says I'm now at 1.0.3.5512. which is up to date), but I still can't sync.....it says I don't have an internet connection. Obviously, I do.

It talks about uninstall/reinstall, but I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose my history. 

I'm old school - it clips on my belt, and it syncs with a desktop - I haven't messed with connecting it with a phone, and probably won't until there's no other choice. Everything has worked great until this week. It's still counting my steps on the device....just not syncing with the software.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

As an update, i contacted support, tried the things they suggested (things I have done repeatedly for the last week) and nothing has worked. I'm done. I bought my zip in March and its useless to me now. I'm going to go back to myfitnesspal and maybe my zip will work again when they fix whatever they did to the app that has made it useless to newer android phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
tb82, try running Fitbit Connect for Windows XP, my Zip has been running
fine on that for a couple weeks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I'm having the same problem. No more Fitbit products for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm convinced the Bluetooth on my Fitbit is defective.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the solutions, still getting the same restart bluetooth message with each sync try. This began happening around the 20th of July to a lot of us zip users. Will there be an investigation and fix soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a couple of sync issues with my zip.  The last sync was 8/11/16 at 10:16 p.m.  Both desktop and  android app are unable to sync with the zip and the time zone has changed.

The time displayed on the zip itself is Pacific daylight time but my settings indicate that it should be Eastern time so it is 3 hours behind my actual time.  My android app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 updated last week and that's about the time "measurements" stopped on my android fitbit app and my desktop.  I have rebooted my phone, zip, and bluetooth.  Multiple attempts to sync have failed.  My android app says "pairing rejected by zip" and "unable to communicate with zip".  The desktop is not syncing either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have a Galaxy S5, and the only way I usually get the ZIP to sync
with the phone is NOT pairing it. When I turn on the bluetooth I
immediately hit cancel out of the bluetooth scanning and then open the
Fitbit app. Go to the Dashboard and the app should start syncing with the
ZIP on its own. If not, click on the ZIP picture and it will start syncing
or it will take you to a sync page where you click Sync Now. I don't know
why but I don't think I have ever had my ZIP paired to the phone but I am
always able to sync it with the above steps. I had the same issue with my
desktop computer, I uninstalled the latest version of Fitbit connect, and
reinstalled the Windows XP version of Fitbit connect, and it has been
working fine for more than a month now. Good Luck!

--

*Jay*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Jay, thanks for the suggestion.  Your approach usually works but not this time.  I still cannot sync.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How about your desktop, can you get the Windows XP version of Fitbit
Connect installed and try to sync?

--

*Jay*
Best Answer
0 Votes
My desktop is on Windows 10 and it and the android app were just fine 4 days ago.  Thanks.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am running Windows 7 as I still don't trust 10 yet, and the Fitbit
Connect for Windows works fine! I don't know if you can run the Windows XP
version on Windows 10 but I think you should give it a try. Every issue on
this post is due to the newest version of Fitbit Connect. I think this
version was specifically designed for Windows 10, but it obviously still
has bugs which has caused all of the symptoms you described.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled and reinstalled mine and lost all my steps from yesterday , and it's still not sucking and my time is off.. I checked my profile and it's in the right time zone 

Best Answer

I’ve tried all the suggested fixes and nothing is working!! Fitbit I be been with you from the very beginning!! They used to be so helpful and not leave you out there without a solution!!  

Quiltlover

Best Answer

Did your Zip just stop working today? I have not heard of any recent issues and mine has been synching all day. Are you syncing to a phone or desktop?

Best Answer

iPhone and it was working one day and next day it stopped

Yes it was fine and then 2 days ago it stopped. I uninstalled turned off the phone and  it has a new battery. 

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
More than likely it is something to do with the phone, every issue I have
had with the Zip has been the phone not being able to communicate with the
Zip. Have you tried pairing the Zip to your computer?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got it to work by putting in another new battery in less than a week !! I think it was trying to sync for 2 days and

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's excellent news! I was going to suggest taking the battery out of the Zip to reset it. My Zip has a low battery indicator on it, and when I sync to the app it will show the battery is low. I will also get an email from Fitbit telling me the battery is low after syncing. But I have an Android,  dont know if iPhone has this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks yes my iPhone does get those notices too. I am on my 4th battery in 6 months! I had the original Fitbit when it first came out. They replaced it a couple of times and then the last one before its death I had for maybe 4 years with no issues. It had a charger and I loved it. This one is a pain to need batteries all the time!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have your Zip set to continually sync with the phone? That might
drain the battery faster. I usually manually sync at the end of the day.
Best Answer
0 Votes