Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for over two years (currently at 13 million steps) with almost no problem. I sync with a desktop computer (yes, I'm over 50), and just noticed that it hasn't synced in the last couple days. I ran the update (it says I'm now at 1.0.3.5512. which is up to date), but I still can't sync.....it says I don't have an internet connection. Obviously, I do.

It talks about uninstall/reinstall, but I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose my history. 

I'm old school - it clips on my belt, and it syncs with a desktop - I haven't messed with connecting it with a phone, and probably won't until there's no other choice. Everything has worked great until this week. It's still counting my steps on the device....just not syncing with the software.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
Yes I do have it set on auto and I’ve thought of changing it. On Amazon we just bought about 20 batteries so I’ll keep it this way till I use them. Otherwise they may get too old and be useless! 😊
Thanks for the advice
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I get the batteries from Amazon too, they save money but I dont think they
last as long.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not on all day sync, and I still have to replace the battery about once a week. That's the reason I stopped using the Zip and started using the One. I lost my One a couple of weeks ago at a race and have been using my Zip since then. I have replaced the battery twice, and it's already low again. I did the same thing with the batteries. I bought Energizer or Duracell to be sure they would last better than the off brands. Now I remember why I went with something other than the Zip. It's a great little tracker, but the battery issues make it less than optimal.

Fortunately the race director found my One and is returning it to me, because I can't replace it since they don't make it anymore and scalpers want $275 for it! 

I hope you have better luck with your battery issues than I did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit zip won't snyc.screen is blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try changing the battery?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This zip bit is driving me crazydeco.  THEATER next stop is the trash can

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thanks for keep adding your comments to this thread! Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying all the suggested steps in this thread, if you haven't done so you might clean the back of your Zip and check the battery connections; you will find the steps in this post. Make sure to confirm all the steps to help to connect your Zip: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted on the resolution. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My zip has stopped syncing 

Best Answer
Mine has been synching all day. Did you try phone and computer?
Best Answer
I replaced my new battery with another new battery and it started to work again. Maybe the battery was faulty. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
That's great! A couple people have mentioned that the batteries haven't
been lasting as long for some reason...
Best Answer

Yes. All other Apps are working ok.

Do you have a solution to my zip that won’t sync?

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
I had the same problem and I had just replaced the battery. I did everything to try to get it working again. As a last resort I tried another new battery a ND low and behold it started working again. Good luck.

Best Answer

Is your Zip working again? Sorry, I was off the grid for a couple days!

Best Answer
  Yes. I replaced the new battery with another new battery and low and behold it started working again. Good luck !
Best Answer
HI, I put a piece of paper on the battery to help with the connection and
that worked for me. Thanks, Doris
Best Answer

Hi @rosinyol@JayLatko and @Grandkiddos thanks a million for sharing your comments. Smiley Happy

I wanted to thank you for all steps that you've tried in order to make your Fitbit Zip to work again, sharing your experience will help others to know what workaround it's best for the different scenarios that you've mentioned. I hope you don't have more issues with your Zip, but if you do I'll be more than glad to check what is going on with your Fitbit or what is the next step for you.

Have a wonderful day and happy stepping. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Your welcome.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Zip is 2 months old. I have this same issue, except after I pull the battery it'll sync for a day.. then it stops syncing again. Pull the battery and it'll sync the past several days of history, but in a day or two it stops again. I've gone through this three times now. I'm about ready to return it as defective. 

Best Answer
Do you manually sync it or do you have it set to continuously sync? Just
seems like it might be a bluetooth issue?
Best Answer