Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync all of a sudden?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is syncing only at 2:57 PM since Friday. It used to sync throughout the day and keep track of a 24 hour period. I didn't change anything. Any advice on how to fix this?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for stopping by @CaB05! This sounds odd. If you haven't tried, I'd like to suggest you to restart your tracker. Also, please log out from the app and reboot your phone. Once your phone is up please log back in.

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Thanks for the advice. I had re-started it a few times before I wrote the
post and it did not work. It is working sometimes now. Also, it does not
sync throughout the day. For some reason it syncs between 1:30 and 2:30 pm,
which means that it is not counting steps after that. It is set to sync
throughout the day. I just uninstalled the App and will re-install it and
set it up again. I have used this daily for almost 3 years and have never
had a problem like this.
I am not going to give up yet!

Sent with Mailtrack
Best Answer

Thanks so much LucyFitbit. I logged out of the app and restarted my phone and it finally synced.

Best Answer

if i restart my tracker, won't i lose my steps? i have restarted/reinstalled the app on both my phone and laptop and it still won't sync....the last one was earlier this afternoon....i have tried all the suggestions listed except for restarting the actual zip. help!!!!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, my fitbit is on an all day sync, but will only sync until 2 pm. I average between 12000 and 22000 steps so im losing about half. Ive tried taking the battery out and restarting, ive tried uninstalling the fitbit app and reinstalling. I've tried turning the all day sync off, but then it wont sync at all, so im losing all my steps. Any more hints that might help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same trouble. I did everything LucyFitBit said to do and it worked. I read the latest posts, but I don't see that any of you actually logged out of the fitbit app.  So everybody try taking out the battery of the fitbit and then putting it back in.  Now go into the app and actually click logout. Do not just close the app.  Now restart your phone. When you restart, be sure your bluetooth is back on and then log back into the fitbit app and try syncing again.  It worked for me. Hopefully it works for all of you as well.

Best Answer
I have logged out of the app, reset the unit and even re started my phone.
It now works for a few days and then stops. It is very frustrating. Today I
had to do it again (log out, re set and re start). It did not fix the
problem today. I know that I made my steps but it showed half.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry. I was really hoping it would work for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone -- I recommend checking out the troubleshooting suggestions here. Hope this helps!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Trouble shooting proved that the bluetooth in the fitbit has failed. A friend added it on his fitbit app on his Android and the same thing happened. It would not sync. His fitbit would on both of our devices. It is out of warranty. I am shopping for a new device. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Zip doesn't work doesn't give any data

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaB05 wrote:

My fitbit is syncing only at 2:57 PM since Friday. It used to sync throughout the day and keep track of a 24 hour period. I didn't change anything. Any advice on how to fix this?

Zip doesn't work doesn't give any data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had tried those things and they did not work .  The blue tooth in the tracker no longer works. I tried adding a friends fitbit and it did register on my phone app. Mine does not work but lights up as it measures steps but will not sync. Therefore we know it is my trackers blue tooth. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes