Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery issue with Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have totally lost my patience with battery life and syncing for my Zip.

First the battery went from lasting months to have to being changed weekly to now it is needing to being to being replaced in less that 24 hours!  Support has responded but has no solution for this, only platitudes.

On top of that it suddenly stopped syncing to my phone.  It synced at 3 PM, but 7 PM it wouldn't.  All the solutions that worked before did not solve this issue. I am giving up on Fitbit products.

I am now looking for a new fitness tracker that does not have to be worn on your wrist from a different maker.  Anyone out there have any suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

This is happening to me right now. Last synced at 11 this morning, and continues to say battery low, but I have replaced it 3 times today.  Only 3 years old. Battery would last for months as well.  I did the update to my phone on Friday- iphone 7, and I think I have had issues since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the Zip is a lost cause.  I am going to try the Flex 2.  I found a clip-on holder for it (on Amazon) so I don't have to wear it on my wrist. Hopefully it will work with my phone and not drain the Flex battery.  If not I will return it and say "adios" to all Fitbit products.
Best Answer

@vxz@Cecmallett - Thanks for stopping by the Community. It sounds like you are experiencing the issue reported in this thread. We are working on this and hope to have a resolution shortly. One recommendation is to turn off all day sync as a workaround in the meantime. 

@vxz This issue is not affecting the Flex 2, so hopefully that will work out. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @mappam! As mentioned by @KateFitbit above this is known by our engineering team and they are currently working on a fix. On the meantime, please turn off all day sync. 

You can join or follow this discussion for more information. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to get you back on track soon.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a LOT of trouble with battery life with regular batteries. My husband got me some Duracells - no further problems! Have had my Zip 2-3 years now -- still love it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still have the issue. Running out of patience. Any recommendations for a non-Fitbit tracker?  I have lost confidence that Fitbit will fix this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to the Flex 2. I got a clip on holder for it on Amazon. It has a rechargeable battery. I have to charge it about twice a week. So far it is working well. Some others say they use a 2032 battery in the Zip. Apparently it works better. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes