Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open battery door

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new zip -- this is my 4th, so i'm not a newbie -- and for the life of me I can't open the battery door. Any suggestions? I'm on the verge of returning it but would rather not deal with that hassle. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Nice to see you here @jo_bach! Thanks  for sharing your experience with your Zip. To better assist you, please confirm that you have inserted the door tool into the slot on the back of the unit, and turned the door counterclockwise to remove it as shown here:

openbattery.PNG

Keep me posted, I'd love to help you to get back on track! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, yes. I about sprained my wrist trying to get the tool to turn the back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @jo_bachThanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip. To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! She's been in contact, I appreciate.

Best Answer

You are welcome @jo_bach, it's always my pleasure! Please don't hesitate to post back if you need extra help or if you have more questions. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look!

Best Answer
0 Votes