Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit battery problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used my Zip for 1 1/2 years continuously but have have repeated battery issues using the designated CR2025. I have bent the contact spring up in order to improve contact with little success. I am currently switching to the CR2032. (Yes I know the recommendation is the former but the voltage is the same so there should be no circuit issues.) My choice is solve the probelm with the 2032 or discard the entire unit and start over. I plan on reporting progress via this page in the future. Give me a few weeks if it is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @STEVE302 welcome aboard! Yes, as you mentioned we normally recommend the battery CR2025, and according to the design of your Zip, it should last up to months. However if after you tried with the new battery as well, the issue persists, I suggest you to contact Fitbit Support, I'm pretty sure they will look into your options and choose the best one for you. 

Let me know how it goes! I'll be around. Cat Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
My Fitbit ran for about two days with the 2032 battery and then shut down. It did the same thing previously with a number of 2025 batteries. Would you please pass this on to tech support and have them contact me  with any suggestions. I would like to continue using the system if it can be jump started. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I realized I had a 2032 and the door was slighly elevated; I thought that was why I was having syncing problems (because the 2032 is thicker than the 2025). I just replaced it with a 2025 and it powered up briefly but now it won't turn on. When I put the 2032 back in it will power up if I apply pressure but shuts down without.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @STEVE302! It's nice to have you here! Smiley Very HappyI'd like you to know that sometimes the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here

Hey there @STEVE302 thanks for the update! Why you don't give a try to the steps I just provided to @Kath845? Also, I think you have a great point in here. Why you don't go to our Feature Requests board and put this suggestion there. The more comments and votes you get, the more it have the changes to be implemented by our Engineering team.

Have a great day! Woman Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
Best Answer
OK-Good point. I just readjusted the small side contact spring, inserted the CR2025 and there is a sync response on my PC. The fitbit is showing a normal screen and responds to walking. I'll try this and let you know, Steve302
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me my friend @STEVE302! Yeah! That's great news! Smiley Very HappyHope your Fitbit works as it should.

Keep me posted! Cat Tongue

Best Answer

I have tried all of the above. I bought my Zip on 15 November. Replaced the battery 10 days ago and now I have battery issues. Today I put a another new battery in and I'm getting zip/nothing. All the batteries have been CR2025's. I've adjusted the prongs and cleaned the contacts and receiving a "low" battery icon on both the device and the App. At least that is slightly better than saying the battery is completely flat.

I struggle to understand how the reviews back in November rated this device 95% and yet the battery issue seems to having been ongoing for many months prior. I bought the Zip based on those reviews.

I fear that the Zip will stop working and I'll lose track of my efforts.

@MeylinP wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me my friend @STEVE302! Yeah! That's great news! Smiley Very HappyHope your Fitbit works as it should.

Keep me posted! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey @StrngthGrl welcome to our Community! Thanks for stopping by! Woman WinkI'd suggest you contact our Customer Support team and let them know the steps you've already tried so they can provide you with a good solution for this.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Maylin,

I have the issue similar with the other guys here. I use the Fitbit One for more than two years and it works pretty fine. I've bought Fitbit Zip to my wife and she started to use it at the beginning of January 2016. After the second synchronising, the low battery indicator started to blink on Fitbit display and in Dashboard too. I reset the Fitbit, and for couple of hours it worked OK. But then, it again showed low battery (after less then a week of use). Couple of times had problems with syncing (fitbit needed to be right next to smartphone/laptop,  1 meter was too far for syncing). And right today, after about 2 weeks of use, Fitbit "died". It's strange that the original battery, which should last 4-6 months, lasted actually only 2 weeks. Could you advise what should I do with the Fitbit now, beside the battery replacement every 2 weeks? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes