Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit zip golf fitness selection in tracking log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

clarify golf, is it walking, or carting in fitbit zip

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Where do you see this, the Zip does not have a Golf mode. The Surge, Versa, and Versa lite have Golf apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit zip it does have Golf as a selection under the exercise tracking

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you post a picture of your Zip. The Zip does not have any exercises recording modes. This is the ZipScreenshot_20190721-150903_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re joking right

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@albatross01 joking about what? The user Manual for the Zip can be easily downloaded. 

The Zip does not have any exercise recording modes or exercise tracking logs. So yes I have no idea what this golf thing your asking about is. 

Maybe your saying your Zip doesn't match the official phhoto of what a Zip should look like? I'm not sure whatnot is that I'm being accused of. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not accusing you of anything.  On my phone when I select fitbit, Then I click the plus sign and then I select track exercise.  This is on my iphone and it is connected to my fitbit.  I then select log and I then select golf.  There is a list of exercise types that I can pick from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No my fitbit zip unit does not have recording modes....that's a no brainer!  I've had a zip since 2013 or 2013, BUT, my ZIP is patched in to my iphone and I track specific exercises there.....since we are rolling around on semantics here......I'm still not getting my questions answered and I am clearly not sure on how it it that you folks are not able to respond to my inquiries......

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has nothing to do with the Zip you are using, the Fitbit app is being used to log a previous exercise. Sorry but that is where my confusion came from. The title and posts do say Zip Golf recording, thus implying the zip has been put in a golf mode. 

As for walking and carting. Probably a guesstimate of a little of both. If you feel the caloric burn is wrong this is easily adjusted during the logging of the exercise. 

In general I feel, it more of a way to document the period of exercise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would have rather seen a response advising customers that Fitbit will look into it and clarify the golf selection when it is tracked from the log.  I have yet to receive a response to my question around the time selection when tracking sports.  It no longer comes up at 0, and rather shows varied hours and minutes.  I think your tech department needs to look into that.  Additionally, I think the company does need to add Pickleball to the exercise tracking option in the log.  The list includes Badminton, so the community (many of us) fail to understand why it's not in there.  But wait, there are other fitness gadgets out there so I will look into that if Fitbit is no longer serving me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue , it's always nice to see you around. Thank you for your posts and help. 

@albatross01 , a warm welcome to the Community ! After reading all your comments, I just want to jump in. As Rich_laue explained, the selection for those activities was designed, if you want to log any activity that your tracker cannot record, in this case Golf. This selection is just for Golf as a sport. Meaning, for your swings, and your walking through the course. More about this, can be found here

If this isn't what you meant, please attach a screenshot of your app, and the location where you find the Golf activity so I can research a bit further. I'll be here if you have any question. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes