Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync with Chromebook?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

April 1 2014

Planning to purchase a Google Chromebook, will Fitbit work with it?

jim

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to all here for joining the Community! I'm sorry for the delayed reply. 

I merged the posts here becuase you're asking about syncing Fitbit trackers with Chromebook. The OS that ChromeBook uses is "Google Chrome OS" and it's not supported by Fitbit , the OS that are supported by Fitbit are these ones, that's why you haven't been able to download Fitbit Connect, we recommend using one of the following Browsers or you can try setting up using a Supported device

PC Browsers       MAC Browsers

Chrome               12 and up            12 and up

Firefox                  3.6.18 and up      3.6.18 and up

Internet Explorer  8 and up                        --

Safari                      --                        5.0.5 and up

These are the PC & Mac requirements:

Windows XP/Vista/7/8            Mac OS X 10.5  and up

USB Port                                 USB Port

Internet Connection                 Internet Connection

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

i cant get my acer chromebook to see the fitbit app!

Best Answer

My chromebook will not download the setup file from fitbit. It gives me a message that it can't read the file format. Has anyone been able to load and sync theit fitbit on a Google Chromebook?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a chromebook and I am wondering if I can use it to connect to my Force; I still haven't been able to get it to work with my various windows pcs.

Best Answer

Is there any way to sync a zip with a chromebook or Nexus 7?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to all here for joining the Community! I'm sorry for the delayed reply. 

I merged the posts here becuase you're asking about syncing Fitbit trackers with Chromebook. The OS that ChromeBook uses is "Google Chrome OS" and it's not supported by Fitbit , the OS that are supported by Fitbit are these ones, that's why you haven't been able to download Fitbit Connect, we recommend using one of the following Browsers or you can try setting up using a Supported device

PC Browsers       MAC Browsers

Chrome               12 and up            12 and up

Firefox                  3.6.18 and up      3.6.18 and up

Internet Explorer  8 and up                        --

Safari                      --                        5.0.5 and up

These are the PC & Mac requirements:

Windows XP/Vista/7/8            Mac OS X 10.5  and up

USB Port                                 USB Port

Internet Connection                 Internet Connection

Best Answer

Silvia, are there any plans to start supporting Google Chrome OS? If so, do you know when?

Thanks!

Best Answer

@Mira81 Hey there! I don't have any updated  information on this. However, it seems that Chromebooks don't support Fitbit because Fitbit tracker Dashboard is a installable software, therefore it cannot be used with a Chrome device. 

You can keep an eye on our website to get the most updated news Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Maybe they could make an app for it for the Chromebook. Can't be too difficult since you have apps for Andriod right now. 

Best Answer

@PorkBoy That's a great idea! I would love to see this idea in our Ideas Board because these suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and people can vote for them too. 

Best Answer

This should not have been posted as a "Solution!"

Chrome, of course, is both the browser and the OS on a Chromebook, and given that is by far the fastest growing OS in the world - for many good reasons - it would behoove fitbit to spend a few bucks and develop an app for it that would sync with our fitbit dashboards.

Like most users, I am not a pro trainer and the idea of a watch defaulting to the time/date display makes sense to me. Not responding to the OS marketplace does not.

Best Answer

@dantye Thanks for the input! Fitbit won't sync to Chromebooks not exactly because of the browser that it uses but Chromebooks utilizes web applications and Fitbit Connect needs to be installed. Also, Chromebooks utilize Google's Chrome web-based operating system that, which doesn't allow Windows or Mac applications to be installed on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then create a chrome OS app that will work with Dashboard! Chromebookshave both Bluetooth and USB ports, so it can be done!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@dantye Thanks for the suggestion. I would love to see this posted in our Ideas Board  because these suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and people can vote for them. 

Hope to see your ideas on the board soon Smiley Happy

Best Answer

well,  I just good a nice new chromebook today.  and i will be promptly returning it tomorrow.     VERY ANNOYED.  fitbit should get with Google Chrome OS.  lots of people use them!

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion, but the lack of a Fitbit app for Chromebooks is certainly understood by the company.  I kinda doubt that my pointing that fact out in a forum read by the engineers is going to make an iota of difference.

Best Answer

I feel you guys @Murrey @skihard76 but believe me, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. As the previous Moderator wrote, this feedback was already forwarded to a different department to take it into consideration. 

I really appreciate your understanding with this. Have a nice day you two! Man Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Chromebook users could VIEW their fitbit dashboard on a chromebook (but even this doesn't always work.), fitbit should be willing to develop a fitbit-to-chromebook sync app - not apparently rocket science, since both fitbits and Chromebooks support bluetooth!   ARRRRGH!

(Not to mention that Chromebook apps are "cousins" of Android apps.)

Best Answer

That sucks. I use my tablet more than my laptop for this type of thing. Please continue to try to get Fitbit to work with the Chrome OS. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello Moderator

I have a Samsung Chromebook that I take with me to Mexico every Winter.

I now have a new Fitbit Surge that I am using daily with my Mac Pro.

From what I am reading from you, I will not be able to record anything

from my Surge to my Chromebook for the three months thatI will be travelling.

I also have a new HTC (9).  Can I use it to record my activities in lieu of the Cromebook

or have the Fitbit engineers come up with a solution to this problem?

Thank you.........Scotty1955

Best Answer