Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup a new device with same email

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my fit bit and bought a new one. Now I cant make an account for my new one because it says that my email is being used for another account. How do I start a new device using my same email address?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It sounds like you were trying to create a new fitbit account for your new fitbit. There's no need to do this.

Instead, login to the app using the id and password you used for your original fitbit. Then, go into the account section of the app (it looks like a business card) and select "set up a device". Choose your fitbit model and follow the prompts.

If your new fitbit is the same type as your lost one then it will ask if you want to replace it.

All your data, settings, badges etc will be retained.

Best Answer

Awesome help @SteveH! 🙂 Welcome to the Forums @amecrowe! As @SteveH mentioned before, you don't need to create a new Fitbit account. To continue using the same account you need to setup your new Zip as a replacement device. However, if you want to delete your account let me know so I can be of help.

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I want to add a second Fitbit to my Android phone.  Should I use a different email?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @IDSpud! As kindly suggested by @SteveH in the post above, you don't need to create a new account if you are setting up a replacement device for your old Fitbit buddy. For more information you can take a look at the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

I want to add a second Fitbit for my Spouse's use.  I'm not replacing mine.

So, should we have two separate email addresses?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IDSpud yes, you will need to create a new fitbit account with a different email address for your spouse.

Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @IDSpudI'd like to kindly advise you to vote for @SteveH’s post. Votes contribute to a positive reputation in the community. Earning votes and giving votes also factors into the Community Rank and the possibility to land a spot on the Most Helpful Authors list, located at the bottom right of every discussion category page.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you i will try this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Steve. Seems you know what you’re on about and the first appropriate help I’ve found in 24hours. Trouble is, I deleted the old app and downloaded the app again. It still tells me someone else has the same email - but of course, it’s my original. Can’t seem to get any further with the setup.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, Steve. You must realise you’re talking to a technical **ahem** - ha. I just can’t do what you’re suggesting as the setup won’t let me enter from the first page where it asks for name and email address. I can move on no further. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trouble for me is the app won’t let me passed the email stage - it repeats telling me that someone else has the password already, which of course is mine. Last night spent an hour with someone from Fitbit contact. Didn’t resolve it for me. I despair. There really is a need to speak on a telephone contact. Don’t know why they don’t do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes