Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Nope. Back to not working again. The sync on the app says "trouble connecting to fitbit.com".

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now it synced again. This is frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem:  "No internet connection".  My last sync was this morning (7/22/2016  6:07am).  It's a Zip, ~3years old.  Everything else on the computer works.  My wife had the same problem with her Zip on her computer, but it didn't give the message; it just wouldn't sync.  Her last sync was 7/22/2016 9:00pm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue since 7/21.  I completely uninstalled FitBit Connect from my computer and downloaded and installed it again ( https://www.fitbit.com/setup ). It's finally syncing now!  I would suggest giving this a try.

Best Answer

Just tried the same uninstall and re-install.  My system now syncs correctly.

Best Answer

Jumping in here too.  My Zip has not connected since 7/21/16 and is showing the incorrect time.  Worked beautifully for the last 3 years.  Indicating "check your internet connection".  Internet is working just fine. None of the options others have been listing work.  What is going on?  Mine is synced to my PC / Windows 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes
to all of you still having trouble with your zip not picking up your steps,
uninstall the software and then reinstall it. I reinstalled yesterday
without uninstalling and it didn't help. Uninstalling first will do the
trick.

--

Judy Denberg plus
Polar - RN, CGC
Monty - CGC, NA, NAJ, OA, OAJ, AXJ

At the Rainbow Bridge:
Summer - CGC, NA, NAJ, OAJ, AXJ, THD
Best Answer

Ditto.. Having the same problem with my Fitbit One.  When I go to Fitbit Connect and try to sync it says No Internet Connection - and of course, I am connected to the internet on my computer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this.  I installed the app from the Windows Store, uninstalled Fitbit Connect and still will no sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried reinstalling Fitbit Connect last night on my Win7 PC and it didn't work.

This morning I completely uninstalled the existing Fitbit Connect from the PC and reinstalled it fresh and it worked

Still....a lot of hullabaloo for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Hope everyone else gets theirs fixed quickly.

3 o'clock in the afternoon is either too early or too late for anything you really want to do--Jean-Paul Sartre
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an update to my issue - Just went back into the new installed Fitbit app and this time it said the wireless dongle needed an update.  Did the update and it synced!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was thinking last night that often a Microsoft Patch will break something (a well known problem).  My wife and I have similar machines, both running Win 7 pro x64, ver.1, Build 77601, SP 1 (legal copies).  I uninstalled updates KB3173040 and KB3035583 from her machine  and now her Zip syncs.  These updates were installed on 7/21.  However, she never got the "No internet connection found" message before;  it just wasn't syncing.  On mine those two updates are not listed in the Installed updates list, but I get the "no internet..." error.  I'll post if and when I find something, but I have 43 updates installed on 7/21 to look at, whereas she only had the two.

Best Answer

GGGRrrr - I am also having issues with synching. Neither Connect on my laptop nor the App on my phone will connect. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE my fitbit, but the lack of customer support at this point is very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a firbit zip and it has not synced since July 21st at 1:52pm.  Is there something going on?  I am kind of happy to see I am not the only one with the problem.  I have changed battery, tried to forced sync, moved dongle to another usb port and nothing has changed.  It does not even have the right time on it anymore.  Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went back into my newly installed Fitbit app from the windows store and this time it said "updated needed for wireless dongle". Don't know why it didn't say that first, but I updated and now it syncs!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went back into my newly installed Fitbit app and this time it said update needed for wireless dongle. I updated and now it syncs!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to update the wireless dongle. Wish it had shown that the first time. But I updated and now it syncs!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting---I know that KB3035583 patch is an update that is related to installing Windows 10, even if you don't want it. I've been removing that update everytime it shows up on my PC and hadn't realized it had come back on 7/21. Good to know for the future. 

3 o'clock in the afternoon is either too early or too late for anything you really want to do--Jean-Paul Sartre
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the advice of several of the people here to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit Connect.  Now it syncs, and I don't get the error.  Thanks, everybody!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall and reinstall worked for me too.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes