Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138
I don't think a new dongle will help. Having lost a couple of FitBits over the years I have three dongles and have the same problem with each one. I can sync using the iPad and app on there so it is not that FitBit's servers are down.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No impossible that it is the app compatibility I suppose. Perhaps some Windows 10 update messed it up. I've noticed that updates on Windows 10 are far less controllable than on earlier versions of Windows and seem to just install themselves in the background without seeking permission.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I tried to sync again after several failures it finally said update needed for the dongle. I updated and then it synced immediately.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is going on?  My fitbit one will not sync today.  Says no internet...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have ALL of the dongles stopped working?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to uninstall and then reinstall the Fitbit program. It now works on my android tablet, but on my windows 10 laptop, it searches and never finds the fitbit.....but if I then go to my dashboard, it is updated....via the tablet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S
Best Answer
0 Votes

First, to those who got the "update wireless dongle" message... where was that message? And where does one go to do the update?

Second: I'm still having connectivity issues with the newly installed app. I had been having issues accessing the Windows store as well, and had found a suggested workaround. This seems to be working for syncinc the fitbit as well... It sets the computer to use the Google DNS server instead of my ISP for look-up.

Go to the Control Panel. Select Network and Internet, then click on "View Network and Tasks". On the right hand side you'll see the network you are connected to after "Connections". Click on it.

You should get a new window with th information on the connection. At the bottom, click on "Properties".

On the "Networking tab", select "Internet Protocl Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on "Properties".

In the "General" tab, click on "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

Under "Preferred DNS server:"  put 8.8.8.8

Under "Alternate DNS server:"  put 8.8.4.4

(These are the Google open access DNS servers)

Click Ok, and then Close the network connection properties windows.

Trying to sync after that, I am successful. If I go back to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" (in the window where I put the google DNS server addresses), it stops syncinc and tells me there is a problem reaching fitbit.com.

So this <i>seems</i> to work, at least for now. It could be coincidence.

In any case, this is disheartening and annoying. It looks like there is a widespread problem of reaching fitbit.com, from the app and from fitbit connect, when done through a laptop. The responses from fitbit have not been very forthcoming or useful so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I went to the dashboard I clicked on the picture of the Fitbit One. What came up was a screen saying an update for the wireless dongle was needed - clicked update - it updated and the i was able to sync.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks; I'm not getting that from the app for the zip.

I should add that the app seems to have a lot more trouble detecting the zip than Fitbit Connect every did; most of the time, Fitbit Connect would detect it on my waist while I was typing. With the app, I need to place the zip almost touching the dongle for it to register...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here I thought it was just because we're on older computers using XP. We have the same issue. 2 Zips, 2 dongles. Tried both on 2 computers. Tried all the "help" fixes on the site, which is funny since I was ON the internet which Fitbit Connection is reporting as disconnected.

Anyway, removed program, deleted file, re-downloaded version for XP (exactly same as what was deleted), reinstalled. On BOTH computers. All to no avail.

App reports dongles as connected and clicking on "Online help" or "Fitbit.com Dashboard" from app menu connects to internet just fine. But, clicking "Sync now" still gives "No internet connectio found". Well, BS!

Btw, our last sync was also July 21. BIG coincidence.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Windows 10, just installed a few weeks ago. I uninstalled Fitbit Connect, installed the Windows store app for Fitbit. At first the sync didn't work. I then clicked on the little "picture" of the Fitbit and when I did that the words update needed finally showed up! Updated and sync worked. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haven't synced for 2 days now. "No Internet Connection" Done everything to fix, Dongle is connected . Dashboard connected. Just won't sink, must be their end.Hopefully the company is working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wednesday, I synched with no problems.  Last night (Thursday the dashboard showed 0.  I tried manually, and got the "no internet connection" erorr. Obviously I was already on the internet! I replaced the battery, same problem.  I had to end up manually logging steps under walking in the activities.  Today it is still doing the same thing, even though my tracker says I have 10,000 steps, I am disappearing to the bottom of my friends fast.  I tried switching the dongle to another USB slot, and the computer did detect new hardware.  But when I tried to manually synch, it said it couldn't establish a connection to the network.  I do not have an iPhone. I wondered if I needed a new dongle, but as everyone else is having the same problem as of yesterday, surely we all didn't suddenly have our dongles die.  I have had my fitbit zip for a little over a year now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what you are saying, a new dongle is not going to solve the problem, as you have tried both of yours.  Also I don't buy that everyone's dongles quit working on 7-20-2016.  Annoyingly the dashboard says, "You haven't synched lately, need help?" as if they are going to help.  This is so annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After several at remote to sync I clicked on the icon of my Fitbit One and it said dongle needed to be updated! I did the update and now it's fine.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having exactly the same problem. What is going on? It is most annoying.

@magidin wrote:

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I clicked check for updates, and it still says not connected to internet.  How the heck do I get the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also getting the no internet connection with my zip. It also was on july 21. It looks like it's a system issue and not the individual devices. I hope they find a solution soon.

Best Answer

so now I have uninstalled  everything and it still does not work.  I really do not like the microsoft store.  What happened?????

Best Answer
0 Votes