Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Another one here and on 21st July. I have Windows XP but have had no problems until now. Tried removing battery and replacing. Can't find how to update the firmware despite that advice. Hoping someone finds a solutions soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works well with both my Vista laptop and Windows 10 PC, thank you!

Bob E.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Works now but couple times would not find the fitbit. Took out battery and put back in. Then it found it. Cross my fingers will keep working now.

Best Answer

magidin:  I agree that the "app" is poor compared to the Fitbit connect version of the dashboard.

I followed your advice and downloaded Fitbit connect (for PC) directly from the Windows Store as you suggested yesterday.

I now have the same version of Fitbit connect installed on my laptop as you have.  But, it still doesn't recognize the dongle.  It still searches and searches and then just gives up.

So, for my situation:  the system syncs ONLY via the blue-tooth on my android tablet, not the dongle on my laptop.  I can see the latest updated info on my laptop, but it is not via the dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's simple solution to the no sync since 21 July  problem, that worked for me on W7 64.

1) goto: https://www.fitbit.com/uk/setup (I guess this will vary if your country is not UK)

2) click: 'download for Windows' button

3) download and run: FitbitConnect_Win_20141212_2.0.0.6518.exe (or maybe now it's a newer version)

4) say yes / OK to everything

5) run the fitbit connect software (this should happens automatically after clicking OK)

then after an update, I guess, of the dongle and a few attempts to sync and few 'unknown error' messages the sync worked.

HTH

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't realized mines has not synched in days. It says no internet connection found. I am trying to get the app but that is just sitting there saying "working". It doesn't finish downloading. What's going on with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled the Fitbit Connect from my computer and installed the Fitbit app from the Windows store.  Didn't sync after a few tries, then I clicked on the Fitbit One icon which is in the upper right corner of the Windows store app dashboard.  The screen that came up said update dongle, did that, and syncing began.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I've seen all the comments and solutions people have tried. Today I had an email about attaining a distance achievement badge. Thought it was odd since it had been almost a week without a sync. I decided to try and it worked perfectly and no data lost. It makes me think Fitbit must have done something on their end. Very glad it it resolved.

Best Answer

Yep, seems my desktop version is updating somehow without prompts anymore......

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new dongle arrived in the mail yesterday. I plugged it into my computer at work (on which I was previously getting the error message), and now it works fine again. I do like having the app on my phone though so that I don't have to wait for the next time I'm at work to get daily totals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. They must have done something to fix the problem. I had done everything (Try a different dongle, reload the software, and even restored my operating system to a previous version) none of which worked. All of a sudden on 7/27 it started working again. It was definately a problem on their part.

Best Answer

Exactly the steps I was told to do by FitBit Support & it works! My zip synced immediately & has kept on working. Only now I lost it in the gym! Geez, what next???

Best Answer

I've been having the same connectivity issues with my Flex. I dont buy that it's got anything to do with the dongle as the connect app simply won't work. The second I open it it tells me that there is no internet connection and gives me no options or advice other than try again. I've had a Flex for 2 years now and never had this problem before last night. The mobile app is working fine so at least I can sync my data but now I'm trying to set up a device for my other half, who will primarily be syncing and updating via a pc. Fingers crossed they get this sorted out soon!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Somehow the company fixed the problem with mine after a week and many
complaints from users. Same dongle so that wasn't the issue. Hope they
fix it for the flex too. I did email them at Customer support. Not sure
if that helped other than make them aware of how widespread the problem was.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem but no message about connectivity either. I replaced my Fitbit last year and originally got my weekly data but now nothing. How many years does it take to fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a fitbit zip which works fine except the display is garbled.  So I bought a second one, but couldn't set it up because of "no internet connectivity."  The first one synchs fine!  I've changed the dongle and reinstalled the app.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I forward from the iPhone app to computer for syncing information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, can't help you there...I am running a six year old Fitbit that talks to my outdated Windows 7 computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of these reports and comments are from 2016 and are Windows-specific.  I never had these issues with the One on the Mac side (desktop, laptop, iPad).  I was unaware of any "dongle update" for the Mac, possibly because I couldn't update my 4th generation iPad for a newer mobile app version. (I agree that the mobile version sucks compared to the desktop version as pictured by navguy12.)  My problems with the "non-sync" issue only began in May 2023.  I can still edit weight and sleep from the Mac desktop and these will appear on the  iPad, but Fitbit Connect fails to connect (as described that this software was terminated at the end of April 2023 and I never received a notification from Fitbit about it).  The original iPad mobile app "pretends" to sync, but never completes.  I get a progress bar which goes all the way across the screen, remains there for about a minute, then reverts to "waiting" and resumes the cycle ad infinitum.  The "pedometer functions" for number of floors, steps, miles seem to update on the iPad, but never survive the change of date, reverting to 0 if I look at previous dates.  Since the sync never truly completed, the date and time shown on the One itself is incorrect and the reset/restart procedure via the dongle has no effect.  (Last complete sync was 5/9/23.) All the dongle seems capable of doing is recharging the One.  Since the sleep function actually distinguishes between true sleep, restless and awake, this data is only communicated via the sync operation.  Manually entering start/end times is interpreted as totally true sleep which is false.  I can't manually enter distance, number of floors or "active minutes" via the iPad, so that data is lost.  As of today (June 29, 2023), I can't even connect to my account or dashboard from the Fitbit website via my Mac.  The linked buttons in the user interface are there and appear to be active (cursor changes from arrow to pointing finger) but don't respond.

I'm wondering if anyone in the user community has the necessary programming skills and if Fitbit would agree to declare the One and Zip versions of Fitbit Connect to be "open source" and allow it to be independently maintained for those of us who refuse to purchase the exorbitantly-priced mobile-only current models.  I have no need for a smart phone (app-capable) which is needed to interface with all current models.  This has been done with a number of "end-of-lifed" programs from a number of companies.  (One of the most successful examples was the Claris Emailer when Apple cut it adrift.  From the start, it had been AppleScript capable and many users contributed to enhanced features over the years.)  This might enable dedicated users of the One and Zip to continue to use our preferred activity trackers.

Best Answer