Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past 8 days I have not been able to sync my fit bit unless I take out the battery and put it back in AND restart my android phone. What is wrong with the fit bit program?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@pkbzip, I am not sure what you mean by "take out the battery and put it back", since the Ionic battery is not removable. But, I have not had any problems syncing the Ionic with my Android phone for the past 8 days, so the problem is most likely a Bluetooth connection issue between your phone and the tracker. Have you tried stopping the Fitbit app -- go to phone->settings->apps->Fitbit->Force Stop -- then removing the tracker from the phone's bluetooth -- go to phone->settings->Bluetooth, select the Ionic, and Forget -- and then reopening the Fitbit app?  This forces the phone and Ionic to re-establish the Bluetooth connection, and may give it a clean path to sync. 

Best Answer
I have a flat battery in my fit bit that I change every so often, but for the past week I have had to take it out and put it back in. I will try what you said and see what happens.  ThanksSent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pkbzip  Do you have a Zip model? As it's the only model you can remove the battery.

Let us know so we can help better

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@pkbzip - interesting. Can you possibly provide a picture of the flat battery and your Fitbit device?

Best Answer
It is a zip. It is probably 5 years old and I wear it everyday.Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a zip fit. You wear it on your bra or waistband of your pants.Sent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Moved to the zip forum from Ionic

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Have you tried to clean the contacts. A little alcohol on a q tip around the contacts. Let it dry and insert battery again

Keep us posted

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I have the Zip model also. Past few days it hasn't been syncing. I've removed/installed the battery, the app etc, still won't sync. States it can't find device on my phones. I'm ready to toss the Zip in the trash.

Best Answer

I still cannot sync my fit bit without taking out the battery first.

Best Answer

After updating the apps, I can’t sync either

Best Answer
0 Votes

're in the Fitbit "Zip" forum Larry

Best Answer
0 Votes