Forum Posts

Redirect URL with HTTPS in iOS doesn't work

I'm creating a iOS and Android mobile application using the Ionic framework.I've configured everything for the OAuth 2.0 and it works fine for Android, but in the case of iOS, I'm having problems launching the app again after the Authentication is co...

Invalid refresh token

HiOn 14 Feb we got an invalid refresh token for more than 100 users. nothing changed in the code and it was working fine. We do save the new refresh token when we refresh it, but now we need to ask all users to sync again their devices and it's a lot...

Resolved! Intraday request - no response for weeks.

Hi,We are a research team and requested the use of intraday data on January 14th. We also filled the reseach academic form and sent several mails/pms on twitter but still haven't gotten a response. We really need to get started with our research, thi...

Axlrou by Jogger
  • 2 replies
  • 0 votes

Resolved! unauthorized_client - The client is not authorized

Hello,I'm using Xamarin iOS framework, I'm opening a browser(not a webview) in the application, so that I can authorize. After inserting my username and password and clicking log in, I'm forwarded to a page which says: "The app you're trying to conne...

CORS error when making a request to /authorize

Hello, I hope you can guide me in the right direction here since I've been pretty stuck. I am making a request from my react from end to my nodejs api and I am getting the following error. Any idea what's happening? Thanks! Access to fetch at 'https:...

Make.com OAuth2 Integration

Hey everyone,Really hoping that someone can help me with this as I've tried for a week, with various searches, attempts and even ChatGPT but failing! I'm building a personal use app to scan NFC's for water intake logging and food tracking, and trying...

trelluf by Jogger
  • 3 replies
  • 0 votes

Accessing Special Health Data: EDA

Hello Fitbit Developer Community,I'm developing an Android application that aims to leverage the Fitbit API to gather extensive health metrics from users' Fitbit devices. My goal is to access data related to EDA.I have successfully implemented the OA...

asu101a by Jogger
  • 2 replies
  • 3 votes

Resolved! Authorize in Ionic/ngCordova app

I am working on an Ionic (http://ionicframework.com) app that supports both iOs and Android. It is basically an AnjularJS web app that is wrapped by ngCordova so it can be used like a native app on mobile devices. To load the authorization page, we w...

wvogt by Jogger
  • 7 replies
  • 3 votes

Resolved! Error 401

I am using the intraday api after having received the relevant authorisation.However, when I make api calls to fitbit, some users (it doesn't seem to happen to everyone) receive them status code 401.To give you a bit more context, I am using the api ...

Kirus by Recovery Runner
  • 8 replies
  • 2 votes

Resolved! Too many request

Im getting this error sometimes, and i have read somewhere that im allowed to do 150 requests per hour.But when i get this error, i havent done 150 requests.  

JimmyL by Recovery Runner
  • 8 replies
  • 2 votes

Resolved! Accessing data prior to approval of data transfer

I am interested in downloading the data for a participant from before they consented to our downloading of their data.  Is this possible to do?E.g., The participant received the FitBit on June 1st, they consent to data download on June 15th.  Can I d...

Error invalid request Redirect_uri mismatch

I have checked the redirect uri on the fitbit developer portal against the uri in my code and they are the exact same, without any typos. But I am still getting the redirect uri mismatch.This is the uri: sfit://(main)/home. I am developing an expo ma...

getting 403 forbidden insufficient scope

hello, this has been happening last few days when trying to sync data from fitbit. Basically for our clients, when running a batch, thousands of our requests have been failing.  Below are the curl request example and error (i tried posting the date.j...

Managed Google accounts not supported

This is a similar problem to the issue "Authorization with Migration to Google Accounts" and has come up since Google accounts are (seemingly) now the only way of creating new Fitbit user accounts.My research is currently using a managed set of GSuit...

FitbitLoginStat.build.<asynchronous suspension

I am using flutter to develop an APP which need to access the account of Fitbit, but it is still stuck in the login page, and the error is " FitbitLoginState.build.<anonymous closure>""[ERROR:flutter/runtime/dart_vm_initializer.cc(41)] Unhandled Exce...

AshBreeze by Recovery Runner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 votes

Resolved! Authorization Process is Confusing

I'm now at the point where I'm registering my Fitbit Sense watchface app. There is no explicit step-by-step instructions to guarantee a successful experience for someone who's just learning about apps and doesn't have a website to download the app fr...

iPh33r by Base Runner
  • 8 replies
  • 3 votes

implicit grant flow

hello,I've been using the implicit grant flow for a while, but two days ago I've noticed that after I click on the oauth 2.0 I no longer have the option to choose implict grant flow, and the default is the authorization grant flow. Does someone know ...

What kind of callback URL do I need?

Hi! I am a student and I am learning CS and want to use the FitBit API.   I am at the beginning of registering an application and am wondering what I should be writing in the "callback URL" and what it is for.  I see so many types of callback URL sch...

wqverly by Jogger
  • 2 replies
  • 1 votes

Resolved! How to add authorized scopes with client credentials method

Hello,  I try to access to my personal temperature but I get the "API client is not authorized by the resource owner to access the resource requested." error.I guess the issue is I don't say any scope. Here's what I do : I get my access token, here's...

poupi by Jogger
  • 1 replies
  • 1 votes

Resolved! Error: Invalid parameter subscriberId: null

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/using-subscriptions/#Creating-a-Subsc...Following the above guide I attempted to implement subscriptions but, I keep getting the following error:{    "errors": [        {            "erro...

Resolved! Refresh token failing to refresh: Invalid grant

Hello! I am experiencing an issue where my spring batch data pipeline is returning an error of invalid grant on refreshing tokens.The issue seems to be directly linked to users syncing their device with the third party app through fitbit. After the d...

Zelab by Recovery Runner
  • 6 replies
  • 1 votes

Resolved! redirect Url

Hi,I am testing out the web api for a hobby project of mine where I want to extract my data to Google sheet.I don't have a homepage or similar that I want to use but just use Google sheets and this causes me a bit of a problem since I don't have a re...

Unytha by Jogger
  • 3 replies
  • 0 votes

Fitbit Api logout

Hello, I am integrating Fitbit api in my iOS App. I am able to login to my Fitbit account and pul the data from the api. My question is, in my App I want to logout from my account and login to another user account. How to achieve that? I am able to r...

Resolved! Unable to connect to salesforce.

I have created a App in fitbitdev and i want to use Authorization Code Flow functionality to Salesforce application.As user when i complete my oauth and redirect back to salesforce i am getting following error.I have added the callback url provided b...

priyesh by Jogger
  • 5 replies
  • 0 votes

Make your OAuth2.0 request in less than 1 minute.

Please make sure to check out our tutorial page with step-by step instructions on how to obtain access token or how to use code and refresh token flow. Note: each access token issued by Fitbit is JWT token. Use jwt.io to get insights about what data...

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 10.16.53 PM.png

Resolved! Fitbit Access Token Expiry Issue

My application uses Authorization Code Grant flow to connect and access data from Fitbit. We also specify the expiry time while requesting access tokens. The expiry time initially set is 31536000. Lately, we are seeing with users who newly register t...

Accessing data from my fitbits

Hi  forum, I am sure this question has been answered before so if you can direct me to an easy-to-understand step by step, that would be very helpful. I need to access the data from my Fitbits for the purposes of a research study on mental health. I ...