Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.06 Calories, food in/out, and burned not calculating correctly across days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Context: I have a 750-calorie deficit target.

On my home screen, I have the "manage weight" screen, which shows energy burned and food calories.

Food data (specific meals) is sent to fitbit from the LoseIt app, which I prefer for tracking meals.

Current day: Everything seems to work fine. The meter on the food calories stays in the under category and accounts for my calories burned. So, for instance, my food meter will show a deficit on the meter if I eat 2,000 calories on a day that I burn 3,000 calories (under my 750 goal). See photo.

Day of, correct calories photo.Day of, correct calories photo.

Past days: I have noticed that while I am well under my calorie allowance for a day (say, 1,000 calorie deficit), if I click the previous day, it ALWAYS shows that I am OVER my food budget. Every single day. One day, for instance, fitbit showed that I ate only 1,500 calories but I burned nearly 3,500. The meter still showed that I ate more than I should have. See below.

Previous day showing over meter on food.Previous day showing over meter on food.

In food view: However, when I click on the food button to see my meals and past food intake, all of the meters show correctly, according to my calculations, that I have largely stuck to my plan and had the appropriate deficit most days. That means that there is a BUG in the app in how it counts calories when you go back to see your past days.

Food history window that shows correct meter.Food history window that shows correct meter.

I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it is very disheartening to have a computer widget tell me that I ate too much when I'm trying very, very hard to stick to a plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0