Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes Log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. I have a question about the display of active Minutes. I have iPhone 5S running IOS 11.2.1. Why do active Minutes show up in 15 minute intervals even when i have been active for longer. The graph only shows15 Minutes. To be clear i am NOT talking about recording an exercise. Activity tracking is different. Regardless of my OS the 15 Minutes interval has ALWAYS been there. Thanks for any information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ronald1 - 

The graph is broken down into 15 minute blocks of time, but will show longer periods of activity - or at least it does for me - mine showing activity in adjacent blocks.

As shown below, on Monday I had three different times when I was "active" for more than 5 minutes at a time - I have set my active minute threshold below the default 15 minute period of time by selecting the gear icon from the activities page in the app.

In the last active session, I was active for 3 minutes at the end of the 2:00pm - 2:15pm block of time and 9 minutes in the 2:15pm - 2:30pm block of time for a total of 12 minutes. 

IMG_0203.pngIMG_0204.png

I can attest to the fact that all three periods of time were indeed, continuous activity. In fact, the first block of time spanning two 15-minute periods is the nearly half-mile walk from my car to my desk.

I hope this is the explanation you needed.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Ronald1 - 

The graph is broken down into 15 minute blocks of time, but will show longer periods of activity - or at least it does for me - mine showing activity in adjacent blocks.

As shown below, on Monday I had three different times when I was "active" for more than 5 minutes at a time - I have set my active minute threshold below the default 15 minute period of time by selecting the gear icon from the activities page in the app.

In the last active session, I was active for 3 minutes at the end of the 2:00pm - 2:15pm block of time and 9 minutes in the 2:15pm - 2:30pm block of time for a total of 12 minutes. 

IMG_0203.pngIMG_0204.png

I can attest to the fact that all three periods of time were indeed, continuous activity. In fact, the first block of time spanning two 15-minute periods is the nearly half-mile walk from my car to my desk.

I hope this is the explanation you needed.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Hi Marv thank you KINDLY for clearing that up

Appreciate it

Best Answer
0 Votes