Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes not showing up on days of weekly exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even though the app registered that I had 57 active minutes on Tuesday, it didn't count towards my weekly total (x out of 5 days weekly exercise). I played around with logging it manually and I noticed a few things (1) It would mess up mileage and step count. My fitbit correctly showed how far I walked and how many steps I took, but when I manually logged it, it would overcount. There was no way for me to manually add only active minutes to my weekly exercise. (2) It would recognize that my heart rate was up during the time I exercised and split up the time I was in fat burn and cardio. So even though the fitbit had the information about my active minutes and heart rate, it still didn't count towards weekly progress.

I ended up deleting what I logged manually and hoped that the problem would resolve itself in the morning. 

(3) The problem did not resolve itself. I logged the 57 active minutes manually, it showed up on my weekly progress (2 out of 5 days). Yay. But then I looked at my daily active minutes for Tuesday and it was reduced to 0! I click weekly exercise and it says I exercised on Tuesday. I click active minutes and it says 0 active minutes on Tuesday. 

Is anyone else dealing with something like this? Seems really buggy. 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @teal12, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board.

In this particular case, to remove any bugs or unfinished process that might be affecting the tracker's functionality, please restart it. After restarting your tracker, logout from the Fitbit app, restart your phone and log back in. This should refresh the information in case it's not updating correctly. 

Then, please monitor it for the next 24 hours and keep me posted if you're still experiencing the same situation, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I will try your solution, Marco.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sguetterman, it's great to see you around, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

In case your exercises or activities are not updating after trying the troubleshooting steps on my previous post, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue helping you! 

Additionally, if you need anything else, feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue, it seems to be a problem with the iOS app rather than with the tracker. All activity from my Alta is going into the app - all Steps, Miles, Calories and Active Minutes are logged in their individual sections - however, some activity is not appearing in the Weekly Exercise widget. According to everything else in the app I have six days of activity (since Sunday), but Tuesday (35 active minutes) and Thursday (68 active minutes) do not the appear in Weekly Exercise. Based on other feedback here I have taken the following steps:

1. Restarted Fitbit

2. Updated Fitbit firmware

3. Logged out of iOS app

4. Restarted iPhone (7) and logged back into iOS app

5. Removed Alta from iOS app and set it up again as a new device

Question for mods: Should I expect the missing days to appear in Weekly Exercise retroactively once the issue is resolved or should I just monitor the app for similar issues going forward?

Best Answer

Hi @MarcoGFitbit

Thanks for offering a possible solution, but this issue happens fairly regularly for me.  I have both a Charge 2 and a Fitbit One.  See the image below.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9d7bk7i0qxpp5o/IMG_0635.PNG?dl=0

Is there anything I can provide for engineers to help them track down this bug?

Regards,

Red

Fitbit Screen Shot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @twoputt67, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have yo on board. 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to receive your picture, please follow these instructions to upload it once again, that will be very helpful for me to check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure.  Did this Url to Dropbox work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9d7bk7i0qxpp5o/IMG_0635.PNG?dl=0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @twoputt67, thanks for replying, I hope you're having a great day.

I appreciate you've sent a link to DropBox but for some reason it's not loading on my side. Please check this post with instructions to upload a picture in your next reply, once I have it I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Thank you so much for your patience, I look forward to your next post. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0635.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @twoputt67, thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

I'll make sure to pass along the information to our team. One last question though, when you tap on the exercise tile, are you able to see the list of your recent exercises? 

Additionally, if you haven't tried yet, I would like to suggest you a couple of steps to check if the information updates correctly with our servers:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. If this doesn't work, please:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

About your question, "when you tap on the exercise tile, are you able to see the list of your recent exercises?" I had not tried that.  I will report back when I see this issue arise again, which is fairly regularly.

About the additional steps, I had not tried those steps and I'll try that in the future.  But as you can see, I had clearly walked over 4 hours during my round of golf and the app had 4 hours to determine I had reached the day's activity goal.  Based on your question above, it seems like the logic should be based on the activity minutes in addition to the app logging the actual activity... but that is just a suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit

More info for you.  So force quitting and relaunching the app solves the problem.  Interestingly enough, the notifications realizes you've hit the goal, but activity tile does not.

Red

IMG_0640.PNGIMG_0641.PNG

Best Answer

Yes this has happened to me for a long time, in particular on Friday. Any exercise I do on Fridays does not count toward my weekly total. Force quit etc etc many times, bug is persistent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @FierceViolet, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention @FierceViolet and @twoputt67. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. This is indeed a bug affecting the exercise tile and how it displays the overview information.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thanks @MarcoGFitbit for your time and attention on this.  If you need any additional information, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

"Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible."

So did your engineers take off the rest of 2017 or what? Still no fix and now it's the exercise panel plus the dashboard that fail to work. I'm ready to burn this thing already. So angry that this company has no respect for its customers- they also sold people trackers promising the sleep features months before they were live. I've told everyone I know to get any other product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

Is there any news on this front?  It has been a year an nine months since this was originally reported and it still happens with regularity.  Here is a screenshot from just yesterday.

If you're receiving resistance on getting this bug fixed, is there somebody else we can elevate the issue with to get this fixed?

Thanks,

RedIMG_1018.PNG

Best Answer

@twoputt67 dang I wish my stats looked like yours 😏 I don't think Fitbit is planning to fix this bug, but FYI a few updates ago the problem changed for me. It used to be that it wouldn't log exercise or would only log it on certain days; now I have the opposite problem: it logs even when I don't exercise. There was one Monday where I had two days of exercise logged already- but my new exercise week starts on Monday. Now it's sporadic between giving me credit on days I didn't earn it and not giving me credit on days I did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes