Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am using the iPhone app for fit bit. I am having trouble adding friends who have a fit bit. When I try to have them the only information that shows is their email address and a clock that they need to except but they cannot see that I've sent a request please help
Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Forums @Britt7487. Please confirm you are doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app to add your friends:

1. Tap Friends
2. Tap the "+" icon in the upper right corner
3. Tap the "Email" option
4. Enter the email address that your friend used to setup the tracker
5. Tap the "+" icon that appear next to the email address
6. Tap done

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Brittainee Robinson
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know if the steps provided were helpful. Were you able to add friends following those steps @Britt7487?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
No they were not.

Brittainee Robinson
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Britt7487. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, at the moment of adding a friend you need to be 100% sure that they are using the same email address that you have with their Fitbit accounts.

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Brittainee Robinson
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried adding a screen shot but it won't show up
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm starting to get very frustrated
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back my friend @Britt7487! I've tested my Fitbit app in order to add some friends and it let me to add them, like my Dashboard online did too. 

So, the first time you launch this page, your device will prompt you for permission to access your address book. If you select "OK," your contacts with e-mail addresses will be imported into the friend finder screen. If you choose "Don't Allow," the Fitbit App will not use your iOS contacts for any function. If you decide later that you want to add friends from your iOS contacts, go to your Settings app and tap Privacy > Contacts > Fitbit. Next, go back into the Fitbit app, tap Friends, then tap the "+" button in the top-right of the screen and your contacts will show. 

Note that your contacts must have an email address associated with their name in order for them to show in the Fitbit app. 

The friend finder screen separates contacts in three ways:

1. Contacts on Fitbit--These contacts are already Fitbit.com users, and will have "+" to the right of their names. They will be added to your leaderboard once they accept your friend request.
2. Contacts not yet on Fitbit--These contacts do not currently have an account on Fitbit.com. Tapping "+" asks these contacts to join Fitbit.com and if they accept, adds them to your leaderboard.
3. Friends of Friends on Fitbit-- These users are exactly what the title implies: friends of your friends. If your friend has not privatized their friend list then you will be able to view and add their friends. You can do this by tapping your friend's tile on the friends leaderboard, then tapping the "+" symbol next to their friends.

Have you tried add them via the Dashboard online?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue, but my friend received and accepted the request and I still show their email address with a clock symbol.  I tried sending again, entered the wrong email address and now I have 2 email addresses sitting on the '@' tab of 'Find Friends' platform.

Best Answer
0 Votes