Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust Weight Loss Start Date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!  I started my diet on Jan 01 and cannot change the start date following any of the previous posted advice. Would someone know how I can adjust my start date back to 01/01 on iOS?  15 lbs down want to keep that showing on the dashboard 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Nick3199 - 

Go to the web dashboard.

Then in the Food Log page in the Food Plan panel click on the right arrow two times to get to the Plan Summary page.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.15.06 PM.png

Click on the Edit Plan Button to get the edit plan dialog. If you click on the word "edit" after the text that starts with "Your starting weight was..." you will get a place to enter a new Starting Date and Weight. Do the deed and click on "Save"

Presto - chango!

Welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Nick3199 - 

Go to the web dashboard.

Then in the Food Log page in the Food Plan panel click on the right arrow two times to get to the Plan Summary page.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.15.06 PM.png

Click on the Edit Plan Button to get the edit plan dialog. If you click on the word "edit" after the text that starts with "Your starting weight was..." you will get a place to enter a new Starting Date and Weight. Do the deed and click on "Save"

Presto - chango!

Welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Thanks Mr. Marv!  But I did all that and when I hit SAVE, it reverts back to yesterday's date (when I updated my goal weight).  At least it shows my initial starting weight... just with the wrong date.  I guess I can live with that.  Tried to do it on fitbit.com, and also with my iPhone app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I was able to get it to work using a date slightly later than my original date... which was a day before I started using FitBit, and I may have just confused the app by trying to force a date.  I consider this solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RaspberryTea - 

Well, I guess sometimes real close is about as good as we can get. A bit of a bummer though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely perfect solution!!!! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me today - I'm trying to re-set back to when I started as I've now lost my progress, but I cannot see the 'Edit Plan' button anywhere - I can't even figure out how to show you a screen shot of what I can see.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

>From your computer (not your phone):
Dashboard
Food plan widget (add it if you don't have it there)
Click on the See More button (lower right, on hover)

Go to the Food Plan section (beneath Food Log)
Click 2x on the right-hand arrow
THERE you find the Edit Plan button!  (Mr. Marv above shows a screen shot)

(If you know Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it's in the basement behind
a door marked "Beware of the leopard!")

There you can adjust the date.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your solution - it worked for me! I had just guessed my weight so I needed to change my starting weight for accuracy 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jenfora, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and let us know the troubleshooting steps found on this thread were helpful for you to resolve your issue. I'm very glad. 

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer