Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarms repeating when set up to "Never repeat"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Alta and a Charge HR and I have been having this same issue for almost a year:

1. I set an alarm in the app and it's set to never repeat. Let's say I set it for Monday at 7:30am.

2. The alarm goes off and does not appear as set again on my device. However, the alarm is shown as repeating "tomorrow" on the app, even though it was set to never repeat.

3. The next time I sync, the Monday at 7:30am alarm gets synced again and will show as Monday at 7:30am on my Fitbit. But, the app will still show an alarm set to go off tomorrow at 7:30am

Thui issue has been happening forever and it's extremely frustrating. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @KatieL18, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you setting up the alarms using the Fitbit app or are you also setting them up using the online Dashboard? Once the alarm goes off and after appearing on the app as "repeating tomorrow" or "next Monday", does the alarm goes off the next day or next Monday?

In this particular case, I would like to suggest deleting all your alarms using the online Dashboard, then restart your Alta and Charge HR. Once the alarms have been deleted, set up one to "never repeat" using the online Dashboard. If this issue happens again, please reply to me with a screenshot of the Alarm section on the app and a picture of the alarm showing on your tracker so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience, in case you need anything else, please keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Hi Marco,

Thanks for your help but unfortunately the same issue is happening.

I will say that when the alarm goes off, it no longer shows on the fitbit
device. The alarm will show on the app however as set for "tomorrow." But,
the next time I sync my fitbit, the alarm then appears on my device, but as
the same time the following week. The app will still say "tomorrow" but the
fitbit is set to go off one week later at the same time. Attached are the
pictures you requested - a screen shot of the alarm in in the app and the
alarm displayed on my fitbit device.

[image: Inline image 1][image: Inline image 2]

Thanks,
Katie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if those photos worked but here they are again: 

IMG_6970.JPGIMG_6972.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there ever be a solution to this?! I can't be the only one with this issue. It's been happening for almost a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suspect not. My device I have to turn Bluetooth off and on again on my phone after controlling music with it otherwise drains the battery in a few hours and never had reminders to move added. I think they assume you’ll get fed up and buy a new one. I will - a Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes