Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR has been flashing all of the icons (blinking)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta hr has been flashing all of the icons for hours now. It’s on the charger and I’ve installed the updates, hit the reset button, restarted my phone, logged out of the app, reset my bluetooth, and most recently disconnected the device from my Fitbit account. Alta hr is still blinking and now will not reconnect to my account. Help! 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello,

I've been having the same issues with my Fitbit Alta and none of the suggestions above helped.

Could we please get some expert advice here? It seems really unprofessional that so many people have complained about this bug and nothing was done so far to fix it.

Please advise

Thanks

Best Answer

Since FiBbit could not provide a solution, I ended up buying a new one on Amazon equal to the discounted price FitBit offered and purchased an Asurion 3 year service contract with it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told by Customer service since my Alta HR was out of warranty that all they could do was offer me 10% of my next purchase.  I was not pleased given that this a known bug!  Clearly, they have built obsolution into thier product trying to forse customers to pay $$ for a new one every few years.   Mine was only a 1.5 years old, I switched back to my original Alta and when it dies I will be switching to an Apple watch since they actually repair their products.   I am done with Fitbit.
Best Answer

I’ve tried all the steps below, to no avail. So I let the battery run done, then had to put on charger to try to reconnect to the app. Everything is still flashing, and Fitbit won’t reconnect to the app (i.e., Bluetooth not finding it or connecting). (By the way, people mention seeing the serial number; I see the Fitbit symbol but never saw the serial number.) 

Any other ideas? All help much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
FItbit replaced my unit because it was still under warranty. There is
nothing that can be done.

--
We do what we do because of who we are.
If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.
- Dream, from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I don't know if it was a fluke but I got it working again. I let the battery run down completely and then deleted the app from my phone. I charged the fitbit and then reloaded the app and connected. Has been running for well for weeks.
Best Answer

If draining the battery, deleting and reinstalling the Fitbit app doesn't work, it might be that you didn't leave the Alta HR long enough for the battery to completely drained. The first few times I tried to fix my blinking screen, I only left it overnight to drain the battery before trying the fix. When I charged my Fitbit up again, the blinking screen came back. Even resetting the Fitbit didn't help. I almost gave up on the Fitit and was about to dump it, but as a last ditch effort, I decided to leave it to drain for longer -- three days this time. To my amazement, the Fitbit came back with no blinking screen problems. For completeness, I would like to add that before deleting my Fitbit app, I also removed the Alta HR from my devices and I re-paired it after the Fitbit charged up.

Best Answer

This started happening to my FitBit Alta HR out of the blue.  I have tried all but letting the battery completely die.  I tried the reset numerous times.  Deleted the app etc.  The message I get on the app is that it failed to sync.  So, I will try letting the device run itself out for several days as has been suggested.  What a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried doing this and it did not work.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the above.   Nothing is working.   I called the chat desk and got disconnected after they suggesting trying to restart it.  I have restarted it again several times but it is still not working.  Not I can't get back in the chat room and get a stupid message to try another trail.  I am very disappointed in Fitbit.  Are they not supporting the Alta HR any longer?  Lots of people are reporting the same issue.  Seems to be more than a issue with resynching the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine to work for half a day and then the meltdown began again.  I think my Alta HR is toast and I think it’s planned obsolescence on the part of Fitbit.  Didn’t last two years.  It maybe it just made it to the two year mark.  Either way, not long enough when one considers all the people who have the same problem.  It’s not an isolated incident.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta HR started flashing all of the icons.  I did all of the suggested fixes and nothing is working.  I guess it's time to move away from Fitbit and get an Apple watch.  

Best Answer

My fit bit is blinking too and I was given the same run around by Fitbit. Not sure what to do. I’ll let it drain battery but it’s either SOL or fixable. And I’d like to fix it. Sounds like the company is aware of a bug..any updates from anyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get mine working again after doing everything suggested but when I recharged it the next time it went right back to the flashing.😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, mine has started doing the same thing. I let it drain all the way, it lasted a couple days and today it started doing it again. Very disappointing! Sure seems like a trend Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
After it totally drained and I reset it, it started working again but only
holds a charge for 2-3 days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and did all the suggested tips, shutting it down with allowing the battery to run down, resetting it using the button on the charger cord, removing the app on my phone, turning Bluetooth off, etc., doing all several times.  Flashing continued until I allowed it to charge to 100 percent. Not sure what worked but it is back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear it! I went through all the steps and got mine working again,
but it started flashing again when I had to charge it.
Best Answer
0 Votes