Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not syncing with iphone 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand new fitbit user here - can't sync with my iphone. Tried with my husband's galaxy phone and no problem there. I can now see it on my phone in the app, but not getting notifications of any description. So fitbit doesn't buzz when I get texts, etc. Tried to forget it on husband's device and pair again, but still no luck on my phone. I have done all the troubleshooting suggested by fitbit - ie deleted app, restarted phone, turned bluetooth on and off. 

Any ideas what else I can try? 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @nat.kp, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment and as you have mentioned you set up your tracker in your husband's phone, I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your husband's phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, please try the following steps:

1. Restart your Alta HR, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

If you get to the point where you have to enter the 4 digit code and the app gets stuck, please force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then open the app again and check if the setup finished up. If not, try to set up your tracker again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Have tried all of the suggested steps. Can see Fitbit app, but cannot connect to Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @calecqueen, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Would it be possible for you to let me know which tracker are you currently using and describe to me exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? That will be very helpful for me to determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes