Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up a Fitbit Alta with iPhone SE

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I got an Alta yesterday and have been trying to set it up today. It won't find my iPhone SE (ios 10) via Bluetooth. Fitbit is fully charged. I switched Bluetooth on and off several times. I've removed the Fitbit App on my phone, and when I went to re-install it, it now says that my details are being used by another user (I'm sure this is still me). Can someone help please?
If it helps, I haven't received the wireless dongle which some say should be in the box (and this is shown on the app, when I did get that far), but the paperwork doesn't show it as part of the hardware.
The fitbit itself keeps scrolling the fitbit.com/setup web site address, and I can't get passed that screen.
Can someone help please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Melanie123, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If the Fitbit app is giving you an error when trying to log in, please try to restart your password and log in once again. In order for your tracker to be recognized by the Fitbit app, please try the following:

1. Restart your tracker and leave it plugged in and charging
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the set up process.
  4. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal (or cellular data)
  5. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device" 
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone when the app indicates it.
  7. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

Please try the set up process at least a couple of times while the tracker is charging, and tap on the tracker to wake it up and make it easier to discover. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. Between you and a younger friend who knows more about these things than I, we got it sorted.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes