Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not receiving Notifications from iPhone 8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Fitbit Alta is not receiving notifications from my  iPhone 8 Plus.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Reddbecca, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to  please check the following steps in order to reset Notifications on your phone and tracker:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on Alta. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Alta > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

Once the process is finished you can go back and tap on Account > Alta > Notifications and select the ones you'd like to receive. Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Reddbecca, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to  please check the following steps in order to reset Notifications on your phone and tracker:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on Alta. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Alta > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

Once the process is finished you can go back and tap on Account > Alta > Notifications and select the ones you'd like to receive. Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much it worked and I am now getting notifications!!

Sent from my iphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Reddbecca, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded to an iPhone 8+ and I also just got a new fitbit Alta HR.  One of my favorite features of my old fitbit is the ability to receive phone and text notifications.  BUT I simply cannot get this to work now.  I installed my new fitbit Alta HR and NO notifications.  I have read the past comments about this and have tried ALL of the suggestions.  Restart, forget device in bluetooth and re-pair, make sure notifications are on (in several different places), Delete the Alta and re-add, make sure location services are on, make sure do not disturb is not on.  Please help.  This is super frustrating.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tbyker, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything suggested and my Fitbit Alta is not getting text/calls from iPhone 8.  Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Scottie111885, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and for having tried to troubleshoot this issue on your side. Would it be possible for you to let us know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried? This will be very helfpul for us to check this further and determine what we should do next. Additionally, please reply to us with the following information:

• iPhone model you're using. 
  • OS running on your phone. 
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Alta vesion (tap on the Alta picture on to top left corner of the screen while in the Dashboard)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes