Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not showing the correct distance.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mileage off.

I use MapMyRun and Alta is always off mya mile or more.

i walk or run between 3.5-5 miles, Alta is 1 or more miles off?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject / Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Icyhot25, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If there's a big discrepancy in the distance measured by your Alta and what MapMyRun is showing, my recommendation would be restarting your tracker and monitor it for the next days to check if the accuracy improves. In case it doesn't, please reply to me with screenshots of the Fitbit app and MayMyRun showing the discrepancy so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

51D75190-7228-4BB7-8BE1-9313E8442FB8.jpg

DAE01464-1B07-4C31-AA4E-D96BCE5BE921.jpg

I have reset 2x with no change in the ALta performance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Icyhot25, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having an excellent day! 

If you're still noticing a big discrepancy on the distance between Fitbit and MapMyRun, please follow the steps below to calculate your stride length and then add it to your Fitbit account:

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

After calculating your Stride Length, you can add it to your account by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Advance Settings > Stride Length. The Fitbit app calculates your Stride Length automatically based on your personal settings, but sometimes it's better to add it manually to get a more accurate reading.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer