Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Version 3.76 Not Monitoring in Real-Time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I stupidly did the update to version 3.76, and instead I've lost real-time view of steps and my heart rate.  Tried force closing, reopening, etc.  Nothing seems to be fixing this.  I also noticed if you pull-down to refresh, instead of it saying "syncing with [device]", it says "gathering data". What the hay is going on.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A few updates ago, blind and reading, disabled users, who use the voiceover screen reader to get information from the iOS screens, lost heart rate plus heart rate zone information. cited users of the Fitbit iOS app have access to far more information than those of us who are blind, and require the Apple voiceover screen reader to get information. Request to make the Fitbit application friendlier for those who are blind, and reading, the stable, have fallen on mute years. I would guess that their equity team has recommended that sighted users ability to get information should be commensurate with that of the blind Fitbit user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for the heads up. I’ll be sure not to install it when it becomes avail in my area. Release 3.75 broke my ability to sync my versa w/my iPhone unless I forget device in BT then re-pair it … EVERY SINGLE TIME. Google’s on a roll… # of defect free releases = ZERO…

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the site/server crash yesterday, it seems to be updating in real-time again on the app for now.  

It is getting a bit ridiculous with how things keep failing as they "improve" things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3.76 is finally avail in my area but I haven’t installed it yet given the probs you noted. Every new release seems to fix one thing & break another & the release notes never specify which bugs they’re fixing. Very frustrating. I’m hoping 3.76 will fix the BT & sync prob that started when I installed 3.75.
How’s the update working for you now & what phone do you have? I’m using iPhone 13 Pro…

Best Answer
0 Votes
A couple of months ago I migrated from an iPhone 7 LTE to an iPhone SE third generation 5G. I cannot say truthfully that I have noticed any real change related to the Fitbit iOS application screens.

The Apple VoiceOver screen, reading software still does not function well because of Fitbit software developer programming issues. Tails flip order on the home, screen, steps, calories, floors, and seven minutes at random times flip to zone minutes, floors, calories and steps. It also occurs with some regularity that the above listed tiles do not appear at all to the Apple VoiceOver screen reader. This has been going on for months without any resolution. Recently probably a few updates ago. The heart rate plus heart rate zone information was removed from the home screen for people using the Apple voiceover screen, reading software.

Maybe as far back as July I used to be able to click on steps and swipe down to today and get a rough continuous update of my step pound. Helpful as it was it was not very accurate. Now I just stay on the home screen, and swipe back and forth with my thumb to go between fields That update continuously.

Not be surprised to hear that updating has slow down considerably since the announcement of the termination of open groups, adventures and trophies/badges. With so many Fitbit users downloading their personal information, and with the taking in some case multiple days, it must be wreaking havoc in the Fitbit/Google server farms.

Sent from my iPhone

I don’t know how many days I close out of the Fitbit application and re-open it to get the screen fields updated. When I bought my charge to I do not remember having to ever do this closing of the home screen and then re-opening it.

OK did this on my iPhone and I hope you will be able to interpret this message. Thank you to Apple and the voiceover software for making so many of the applications and websites I use accessible. Thank you to the Google accessibility team for listening to my concerns and passing them on, and although nothing ever happened I know you did the best you could with the tools that are provided. To the Fitbit customer care team thank God for Google Disability Support team.

Mark alias Podunk
Best Answer
0 Votes