Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is showing incorrect macronutrients and barcode scanning not working for Australian foods

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm new to this, but I have queries about the macronutrients section. For example, after eating a banana it told me I had consumed over 1000% of my vitamin C requirements which seems highly unlikely.

In addition, if I attempt to use the bar code reader it either does not recognise the code, or reads it as something entirely different. It looks like it might be geared to US food codes whereas I live in Australia. If I am paying for the service I expect it to work correctly. I know Australian bar code readers for food planning exist here so why not use those for Aussie purchasers.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It’s good to see you in the community, @Sydneylynn.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Clear your iPhone cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

Note that at this time, barcode scanning is only available for customers using the United States food database. If you use another food database, the barcode scanning option won't work. To check which food database you're using, see How do I change my food database? 

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time for fitbit to fix the barcode scanning, there are more countries in the world than the USA

Best Answer
0 Votes