Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says I have a new notification but I don’t

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The notification tab on my Fitbit app has a red dot indicating that I have a new/unread notification however I have pressed on every single notification I have and the red dot won’t go away! I don’t know why this drives me crazy, but it does!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there...

I had the exact same issue, and unfortunately the only solution that worked, was to delete the app and log in again. 

Luckily your excercise data is stored in the cloud, so it won’t be lost.

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

@KerrBear89 Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry to hear that your app shows notifications alert when there are none. Try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for your response! I logged out, closes the app and restarted my phone however unfortunately it did not work 😞

Best Answer

Hi there...

I had the exact same issue, and unfortunately the only solution that worked, was to delete the app and log in again. 

Luckily your excercise data is stored in the cloud, so it won’t be lost.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hello @KerrBear89, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's great to have you on board @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have taken the time to post the troubleshooting steps that worked for you, I'm very glad your issue has been resolved and I'm sure the steps you suggested will be very useful for members of the Community facing the same situation. 

@KerrBear89, at this moment before you try to uninstall and reinstall the app, I would like to suggest you to tap on the Notifications tab, then pull down the screen on your phone so the screen can update with any Notification that has not been shown yet. Also, tap on the Messages tab and make sure there are no messages here either. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that, think this might be the only way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KerrBear89, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and voiced your opinion. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the suggestions here and I still have the message indicator. I even tried unfriending and refriending the sender. No luck. Please keep working on this. Perhaps you could be consistent with virtually all message apps and provide the ability to delete. 

Best Answer

I agree. I'm not even sure why the notification is bothering me so much but I've tried all the suggestions and now I don't even care to open the app.

Best Answer
Frankly, if FitBit can't get their software to work in ways others do (user
configurable options) then I'm not sure I'll continue with it.
Best Answer

I have this problem too after the iOS app update about 5 days ago. I’ve deleted the app, restarted the phone and re-installed the app. No difference.

Is there a solution please? 

Best Answer

Fitbit update not iOS update:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem as well. Even logged in via the computer to see if it showed on there and it doesn’t. Just in the app. Nothing has worked so far. 😢

Best Answer

I think it bothers me less knowing it's not just my device/phone... And it's a general Fitbit issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, the only solution I see is an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Hello @adoutre@cmblack, @SunsetRunner and @Elgrimm86, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you all on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for reporting this situation. Our team is aware of this issue that originated on the latest app update, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future (that doesn't mean they're not working on it). We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask why can’t you provide an immediate fix in the near future?

seems this is a standard reply when Fitbit are not bothering to fix things. 

Other app app providers update their apps regularly to solve bugs. Why can’t Fitbit?

Such a shame, great product, rubbish support. 

Lets ta see if I even get a response?🤔

Best Answer

Hello @Flyingtiger9 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. Please note that we don't have specific days for when an issue will be solved as some of them might take longer than others to get a resolution and it would be irresponsible on our part to provide a date for when it will. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, as mentioned earlier, once we have more updates about this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated the Fitbit app and again red notification dot even though there are no new notifications. I really am not happy to start uninstalling and reinstalling as this is the third time I have had this issue in months. When will this finally get sorted ?
Best Answer

I'm having the same issues. I have tried everything. When will this issue be fixed??

Best Answer