Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says I have a new notification but I don’t

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The notification tab on my Fitbit app has a red dot indicating that I have a new/unread notification however I have pressed on every single notification I have and the red dot won’t go away! I don’t know why this drives me crazy, but it does!!

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Gosh. This was fixed a couple of updates ago, maybe within a couple of weeks after my first complaint. I haven't had the problem for a really long time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still have this issue. Never went away.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. That was fixed some time in February. If you've updated recently and it didn't fix it, you definitely need to notify FitBit support. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that with the new update, the issue appeared to come back and all the notifications went to unread. And it is very difficult to detect that. The unread messages are highlighted in pale blue. I had to go through several months' worth of messages and tap each one. A nuisance, but it did go away. Also, the notifications icon, which is now at the upper right of the main page (seriously? ever heard of consistency?) is very hard to operate. I had to tap many times to open it. I immediately went to the settings page and turned off all notifications. That'll fix'em. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have been unsuccessful at getting rid of the red dot :red_circle: message alert :police_car_light: when there is no new ones. I tried logging g out and back in. That didn’t work so I did the delete app trick and downloaded it again. Still not working...I wish it didn’t bug 🐜 me so much 😐

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens to me too; however it's always someone I don't know sending a friend request looking for ONETIMESEX (that's a quote).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this issue for a month.  I’ve deleted the app, rebooted my phone, and even replaced my Fitbit device, and it still show the alert.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LauraLee1104.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend doing the following:

1. Log out of the app.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log into the Fitbit app and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This issue did happen for me in April and May of 2021. I had no actual Notifications in my FitBit app, but the red circle kept showing up as if 1 Notification existed. I clicked on every possible area of the app, removed the app and then replaced it, and even powered my phone down and restarted it hoping that would resolve the glitch, but it didn’t.

What finally worked for me was Logging Out of the app and then Logging back in. Weird, but that finally worked to remove the Notification.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @CandieGirl808.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and solution. I am glad to hear that you were able to fix this issue, I appreciate your efforts and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem! It worries me these posts go back to 2019 with no resolution. I have tried every bit of advice offered here. No luck. It’s a small thing - but it really bugs me. I just got the new Luxe and was hoping for a fresh start! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @StayFitSteph.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. If you've already verified you have no messages or notifications, I would like to confirm if you logged out of the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture and then Log out? Restart your phone and log back into your Fitbit account. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer

open the notifications on your phone not in app and enter app by clicking on the phones notifications. they will go away in app.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Metalman2.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your solution. I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. Thank you for your time and efforts. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the best answer. Worked perfectly. No need to delete the app and reinstall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @DadBodGoneWild.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you were able to resolve the issue by following the instruction in this thread. I appreciate your time and feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. In case you have some spare time, please visit our Discussions board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

reinstall and login did not work for me… this continues to be frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ACD.

I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I would like to confirm if you logged out of the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture and then Log out? Restart your phone and log back into your Fitbit account. I also recommend trying the following: go to your iPhone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit > Toggle Badges to off. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I also tried deleting the app and logging back in but it did not work. I still have the red dot telling me that I have 3 notifications. 

Best Answer

All go suggestiongs but it didn't work. 

Update:

Agreed, the Apple Watch seems to be the only solution for many of the Fitbit problems. 

This post was in 2019 and it is now 2021 and it still has not been solved. 

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes