Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App showing constant GPS notification to turn it on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not want to have my GPS on / location settings on at all times. I have my settings the way I want them. But recently I started getting a notification to change my settings for exercise tracking every time I open the app. I even have notifications turned off. How do I make this stop?

TY

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Lidobeach Hi there. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I moved your post to this board, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. We’re aware of it, but we don't have an specific timeframe for a fix. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Your patience is appreciated and we look forward to getting you back on track. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, but you  are right, it is annoying. I even turned the location off all together, and restarted, that did not stop the app from continuously telling me to go to my settings

Best Answer

I hate it so very much. Even when I simply move between apps to reference my notes, the notification come up every time I come back to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have years of Fitbit data and have really liked using the various devices. However, the pop up every 2 minutes has made it so annoying that I am considering changing to another type of fitness tracker. Sounds like there is no fix planned—I’ve changed all the settings and followed the various suggestions with no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am also considering getting rid of the app

Best Answer
0 Votes