Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App shows different number of steps in different places

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a flex 2.

today when I synced it with my iPhone 5SE, it said I have about +10k steps more than I usually would.

When I go deeper into the step area to the graph I get a more realistic number (~9800)

This number is more accurate for what I get in a dayThis number is more accurate for what I get in a day

2x too many!2x too many!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Suprnoodle, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board!

It's seems very odd that the Dashboard and the steps graph is showing you a discrepancy too big. It seems the steps are being carried over from your previous day, which explains the extra amount showing on the Dashboard.

In this case I would like to suggest restarting your tracker and monitor it for the next 24 hours. If the data is carried over once again, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about this situation, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track! Smiley Wink

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me updated. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding @MarcoGFitbit

I tried to restart per the instructions. I am still seeing 21k for yesterday. Will that get addressed or am I stuck with that number for 2/1/17?  Is there a way to roll back the step count?

Otherwise, just want to clarify my action items going forward - Am I waiting to see if carry over happens again?

thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes